Supv Physician (Occupational Medicine)
Serves as Chief, Occupational Health Clinic, with the responsibility for overall management of the clinic, within the guidelines and directives provided, the effectiveness of the programs, and the provision of clinical services. As an occupational and ambulatory medicine physician, the incumbent diagnoses and treats patients with occupational as well as non-occupational diseases and injuries. Determines the need for a variety of diagnostic procedures and orders lab tests, X-Rays, and other procedures necessary to complete medical facts on the case; interprets results and makes diagnosis of disease and disorder; prescribes course of treatment, to include referral when appropriate.
Responsibility includes interpretation of industrial hygiene survey results in order to make recommendations for periodic job related medical monitoring. Serves as advisor to industrial hygiene section concerning protective materials and equipment used for personnel working in hazardous occupations.
- Determine the need for a variety of diagnostic procedures and orders lab tests, X-Rays, and other procedures necessary to complete medical facts on the case.
- Interpret results and makes diagnosis of disease and disorder; prescribes course of treatment, to include referral when appropriate.
- Provide medical input and coordination to unit and installation boards and committees as assigned.
- Serve as a medical advisor; studying, investigating, interpreting and recommending modifications.
- Assign work based on mission priorities, considering both difficulty of assignment and capabilities of employees.
- Establish clinic guidelines related to organizational structure, performance standards, work review and reporting requirements to achieve the goals and objectives established by higher management.
- Develop plans, schedules, and guide subordinates in the accomplishment of work to meet the clinic's objectives and priorities.
4 years of residency training in the specialty of the position to be filled or equivalent experience and training.
POSITION REQUIRES INCUMBENT TO BE A SENIOR BOARD CERTIFIED PHYSICIAN WHO HAS COMPLETED AN ACCREDITED FORMAL RESIDENCY TRAINING PROGRAM. INCUMBENT MUST BE CERTIFIED IN BASIC CARDIAC LIFE SUPPORT (BCLS).
For positions involving patient care, candidates must have a permanent, full, and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
This position has a mandatory seasonal influenza vaccination requirement.
Must have US citizenship
Apply for Supv Physician (Occupational Medicine)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.