IU Health Fort Wayne - General/Sports Orthopaedic Surgeon (Outpatient Surgery Center)
With 16 hospitals and 35,000 employees throughout Indiana, IU Health is the state's largest healthcare system. IU Health's continued excellence has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report for the past 23 years. IU Health continues to be ranked among the nation's best and is the #1 healthcare system in Indiana per US News & Report.
IU Health Fort Wayne currently employs 20+ primary care physicians and other providers at our urgent cares in Fort Wayne. As part of our strategic development in northeast Indiana, we will open a new multi-specialty ambulatory surgery center in Fort Wayne in 2021. Due to growth, we are recruiting qualified orthopaedic surgeons to collaborate with our highly skilled providers and clinical teams.
- General Orthopaedic Surgeon
- 100% Outpatient
- 4 (10 hour shifts). No weekend responsibilities.
- Very limited outpatient call
- Approximately 80 patients per week
- Estimated 8-12 procedures performed per week
- Procedures include general, arthroscopies, soft tissue repairs, sports injuries
- Rapidly growing practice with great base of primary care physicians for referrals
- Join 1 Orthopaedic Surgeon and collaborate with other physicians in the region
- New graduates and experienced physicians are encouraged to apply
- MD or DO
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery (ABOS) board certified or board eligible
- Ability to obtain an active medical license in the state of Indiana
- Desire to be part of a growing Orthopaedic team
- Comprehensive benefits package includes group insurance (health, dental, life, disability), 401k with company match, PTO, relocation assistance and occurrence-based malpractice insurance coverage
- Strong compensation package personalized for each physician. Package may include: guaranteed salary, production incentives, CME allowance, sign-on bonus, monthly residency stipend, or loan forgiveness.
See how you can thrive, right here at Indiana University Health
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
- Fort Wayne is Indiana's 2nd largest city and boasts one of the lowest cost of living areas in the nation (ranked as second on U.S. News and World Report's 2020-2021 list of Best Affordable Places to live in the U.S.)
- Voted #1 city to raise a family in the US by Smartasset.com
- The city is home to 82+ miles of beautiful trails circling a vibrant, eclectic downtown area surrounded by 3 rivers
- Named to Money Magazine's 2019 list of the 100 Best Places to live in America, & U.S. News and World Report's 2021-2022 list of the Best Places to Live in the U.S.
- From Broadway theatre shows, one of the nation's top zoos, to beautiful museums and riverfront boat tours - the city has something to satisfy a wide array of interests
- Farm-to-fork dining, lively nightlife, live music, and celebrated minor league sports teams (baseball, basketball and hockey)
- Host of diverse festivals and a strong regional arts and crafts heritage (with a new mural trail)
- Active lifestyle includes kayaking, canoeing and paddle boarding at over 200 area lakes, PGA golf courses, bike trails, state parks, camping and a quarter-mile tobbogan run
- Conveniently located to major metro areas of Chicago, Detroit and Indianapolis, in addition, a short drive to access the beautiful beaches of Lake Michigan and wine country
- Top-tier school systems - both private and public options
- Learn more about Fort Wayne and Northeast Indiana by watching this video
Healthcare System/Hospital Description
Delivering on our vision to make Indiana one of the nation's healthiest states, Indiana University Health expanded into the northeast Indiana market in 2018. Currently, IU Health operates four primary care clinics, two urgent cares, and a radiology center in the Fort Wayne area. A 40,000-square foot ambulatory care center opened in 2021, with five operating and five procedure rooms for more than 10 different specialties. Riley Children's at Indiana University Health also operates a clinic in Fort Wayne, providing access close to home to multiple pediatric subspecialty physicians.
Apply for IU Health Fort Wayne - General/Sports Orthopaedic Surgeon (Outpatient Surgery Center)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.