Medical Director of Radiation Oncology
About Bank of Cyprus Oncology Centre:
The Bank of Cyprus Oncology Center (BOCOC) is located in Nicosia, Cyprus and was founded in 1998 by the Bank of Cyprus and the Cyprus Government.
The primary aim of the Centre is the diagnosis and treatment of all types of cancer, striving to achieve the best possible outcomes for our patients, by pursuing outstanding quality at all levels. In addition the Centre focuses on promoting and developing research and educational programs relating to the prevention and treatment of cancer.
Since 1998 the Centre has evolved into a 250 staff strong modern facility, with over 2,000 patient contacts per year, remaining at the forefront of oncological services.
The Centre consists of three Clinical Departments:
- Medical Oncology
- Radiation Oncology
- Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology
The Bank of Cyprus Oncology Centre is seeking for exceptional candidates to apply for the position of Medical Director of Radiation Oncology Department.
The successful applicant will be a motivated individual with extensive experience in oncology and radiotherapy coupled with excellent leadership and team organization skills. In addition an interest in research, teaching, and staff training are also essential for the post holder.
- Provide clinical leadership for the radiotherapy and overseeing nuclear medicine department liaising with other clinicians, technicians, and paramedical staff.
- Manage the clinical workload of the departments to ensure that patients are diagnosed and treated promptly, appropriately and efficiently using an evidence based approach and following internationally accepted protocols.
- Responsible for performance appraisal of staff in the Department.
- Responsible for ensuring that all radiotherapy equipment are operated in a safe and accurate manner and that they are correctly maintained.
- Administrations duties for smooth and efficient work for all staff in therapy, including consultant radiation oncologists and nuclear medicine, therapy and nuclear radiographers, resident medical staff and nurses.
- Participate and encourage regular departmental clinical audit to ensure that all staff and team maintain excellent standards of care.
- Promote research programmes both at local level as well as joining international research groups to develop an approach to caring for and treating patients based on clinical outcomes.
- Participate and facilitate the participation of the department’s staff in multidisciplinary meetings
- Promote team based patient care both within the department and through strong bonds with the other departments
- Participate in the promotion of cancer education for health professionals by organising educational courses, conferences, fellowship programmes and visits by external professionals.
- Maintain continued professional development by keeping their knowledge updated through journals, attending conferences and courses, etc in order to ensure that the benefits of new cancer treatments are made available to the Centre’s patients.
- Work with the Chief Executive Officer in the development of links in clinical activity, research, and education with outside collaborators in order to promote the development strategy of the Centre
Essential skills and Experience:
- Degree in Medicine
- Specialisation in Radiation Oncology/Clinical oncology
- Registered (or eligible to be registered) as a Radiation Oncologist in Cyprus
- Medical License (or eligible to obtain) to practice in Cyprus
- At least a seven year experience in managing patients at consultant level
- Very Good knowledge both of Greek and English language
- Experience in administrative management of an oncology department
Salary & benefits:
The Bank of Cyprus Oncology Centre offers an attractive salary package and employee benefits according to skills and experience.
The benefits pack includes:
- Provident fund with employer participation.
- Secretarial support and appropriate office accommodation and IT facilities will be provided.
- 25 Days annual leave
- 15 Days paid study leave
For further information or questions, please contact
- Dr. Demetris Andreopoulos (Medical Director of Radiation Oncology) on +35722847416 or email@example.com
- Mr. Panos Ergatoudes (CEO) on +35722847302 or Panos.Ergatoudes@bococ.org.cy
Please Note: Applicants should attach their curriculum vitae, with a letter of expression of interest and the names and contact information of two referees.
*All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
Closing date for applications: 30th November 2021