Pathologist - Harlem Hospital - New York, New York - Full Time
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Harlem, located on 135 th Street in Manhattan, is a designated Level 1 Trauma Center and is recognized for providing centers of excellence in the areas of Bariatric Surgery, Breast Imaging and Sexual Assault Forensics. Our teams provide services for nearly 213,000 outpatient visits, more than 83,000 emergency room visits and over 13,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital maintains an academic affiliation with Columbia University Medical Center.
The department of Pathology at Harlem Hospital Center is seeking an Attending Pathologist for the Division of Anatomic Pathology. The Division of Anatomic Pathology at Harlem Hospital is CAP accredited, volume of 6,000 specimens per year. The successful candidate must have strong surgical pathology skills.
- Diagnostic evaluation of surgical pathology specimens
- Review of Semen Analysis
- Pathologist's primary responsibility is anatomic pathology sign out of cases, autopsy (including Covid-19 positive cases), and frozen section performance.
- Pathologist is ultimately responsible for the technical and patient related functions of the division and is available for on sits, telephone or hospital email consultation.
- Pathologist reviews and signs all procedure manuals and other documents required for the proper functioning of the section and gives final approval with the Director of Pathology.
- All difficulties encountered regarding patient test related by the supervisors are referred to the Pathologist/Section Chief for resolution and ensure that remedial action is taken.
- The Pathologist conducts meetings with the supervisors and staff, to discuss laboratory technology, updates regulatory and administrative procedures and Continuing Medical Education programs.
- The Pathologist participates in interdepartmental conferences and discusses laboratory issues when indicated. Issues/Comments raised by the providers are discussed with the laboratory supervisor.
- It is the duty and responsibility also to ensure that all policies are written in accordance with NYSDOH CAP regulations and requirements
- This individual is on-call for Director of Pathology, including but not limited to attending meetings, committee meetings, and evaluation of malaria and blasts in Hematology Laboratory.
- In the event of a temporary absence of the Director, appointment of a Director Assistant must be notified to the New York State Department of Health and all rules followed as per regulation.
- Must possess a valid updated certificate of qualification from the New York State Department of Health for the laboratory sections
- Board certified by American Board of Pathology in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology
- Hold a New York State License at the time of proposed employment
- Proof of Covid-19 vaccination is required prior to hire
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Columbia University academic appointment
- Clinical research opportunities
- Growth and leadership opportunities
- Flexible and equitable scheduling
- State of the art PACS with integrated EMR, Workflow Intelligence worklist, and concierge service for communication of critical values to referring providers.
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days and dollars
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center
- Visa candidates are considered
- Medical Malpractice policy coverage
For more information regarding this opportunity, please email your CV to Jaquelyn Morales, Physician Recruiter for PAGNY, at MoralesJ@pagny.org
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Apply for Pathologist - Harlem Hospital - New York, New York - Full Time
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.