VP Chief Medical Officer, Specialty Based Care
This position aligns the vision and strategy of Intermountain Healthcare for physicians for Specialty-Based Care within Intermountain, including physician recruitment, quality and safety work, and physician collaboration and engagement.
This position reports directly to the Senior Vice President and Chief Physician Executive for Intermountain Healthcare and operates within a triad leadership with the Vice President and Chief Nursing Officer and Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of Specialty Based Care.
Essential Job Duties
- Leads, directs, and defines accountability for the operations and outcomes of hospitals and medical staffs and employed and affiliated providers in applicable clinical programs, telemedicine and operating lanes.
- Directs the vision and strategy for hospital medical staffs and Intermountain physicians within Specialty-Based Care, including operating lanes, transfer center, telemedicine, and ambulatory surgery centers.
- Builds relationships within triad and teams with cross functional executives and leadership across Intermountain's matrixed organization and create the desired outcomes and goal accomplishment of strategies and initiatives
- Collaborates closely with the CMOs of Clinical Based Care and Shared Clinical Services, ensuring a strong focus on clinical, quality and safety outcomes
- Collaborates and partners within the Specialty-Based Care triad and executive team to accomplish the shared KPI's and strategic priorities.
- Advances a good culture of physician well-being, engagement and leadership accountability to drive best-in-class patient safety, quality and experience outcomes, access, affordability, and caregiver safety
- Ensures clinical and operations standards are met and advanced through implementation of and execution of the Intermountain operating model
- Facilitates the delivery of cost-effective and affordable services to patients and community.
- Monitors financial outcomes, performance measures and associated action plans; prepares and disseminates monthly/quarterly reports to key stakeholders
- Leads operational planning efforts to create value and improve affordability, partnering with Finance to develop strong business plans
- Co-creates strategic initiatives and ensures budget implications of programs are conducted in concert with Specialty- and Community- based Care, as appropriate
- Works with Supply Chain Management leadership to assure clinical input in the standardization of patient care products and equipment
- Works closely with Hospital Administrators, Medical Group leaders, and Homecare leaders to develop, implement, monitor, and sustain system best practice.
- Achieves good growth of hospital programs and services and programs within current markets
- Monitors activities and ensures compliance with laws and external agencies regarding accreditation and regulatory bodies affecting clinical practice
- Keeps abreast of industry trends and guides team to adapt to meet evolving needs of patients and the healthcare industry
- Ensures delivery of services consistent with ethical, regulatory, accreditation standards.
- Is a role model for medical staff members and leaders by demonstrating the behaviors of Intermountain leaders: mission obsessed, drive results, empower each other, acts with courage
- Embraces and advances diversity in medical staffs, clinical teams, and leadership teams, seeking broad perspective and input
- M.D. or D.O. Education must be obtained through an ACGME or AOA accredited institution. Education is verified
- Current Board Certification in their specialty
- Active Utah Medical Licensure
- At least 5 years of successful and progressive experience in a matrixed health care system or hospital of at least 300 beds
- Demonstrated outcomes in quality management, patient safety and experience, provider and caregiver wellbeing and engagement
- Experience in growing markets, driving optimal performance and delivering best in class results
- Experience in leading diverse teams, partnering with physicians, developing operational strategies, implementing operational plans and measuring/driving best in class outcomes
- Experience in a CMO or equivalent position in an integrated health system
- MBA, MHA, MMM, or equivalent
- Interact with others to communicate effectively
- Operate computers, telephones, office equipment, and manipulate paper requiring the ability to move fingers and hands
- Review and process electronic documents
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
No Additional Description Available
Key Bank Tower
Salt Lake City
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Apply for VP Chief Medical Officer, Specialty Based Care
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.