Employee works under the supervision of the Commander of the Health Clinic. Employee works with full professional responsibilities for his/her actions and advice. Carries out duties in accordance with the accepted standard of care and in accordance with established military rules and regulations. Board certification with progressive experience and demonstrated expertise equivalent in breadth and intensity is required.
A recruitment or relocation bonus may be authorized.
Performs duties as a practitioner and consultant in Psychiatry with emphasis on problems of all levels of complexity and must come to the position with knowledge and experience (ideally working with the military population) providing treatment services in any capacity including, but not limited to, the inpatient service, partial hospitalization service, intensive outpatient services, routine outpatient services, consultation liaison services and must be well-versed to transition to any area as required. Provides continuing follow-up care for chronic inpatients and outpatients with acute disorders and complications of these disorders, such as psychosis, organic brain syndrome, substance abuse/addictions, etc. Provides psychiatric care for walk-in patients presenting with acute illnesses of minor and major proportions. The psychiatrist is expected to exercise initiative and sound judgment in establishing evaluation techniques, developing treatment and rehabilitation plans and providing appropriated therapeutic treatment services. Examines and conducts thorough studies of presenting patients and evaluates laboratory and clinical findings, prescribing appropriated treatment or referring patient to appropriated specialty clinics. Collaborates with physicians in other medical specialties on cases involving complicated and multifaceted problems. Provides professional consultation, supervision and collaborative medical support to other professional staff such as psychologists, advanced practical nurses, social workers, as well as military specific liaison work with commanders.
- ***ADULT PATIENT POPULATION JOB DUTIES BELOW***
- Provide treatment services in any capacity including, but not limited to, assessment, medication management and disposition of psychiatric patients including making arrangements for hospitalization if needed.
- Provide routine, intensive, complex and emergency intakes and extended evaluations for a variety of emotional, psychological, and behavioral disorders.
- Provide continuing follow-up care for chronic patients with acute disorders and complications of these disorders, such as psychosis, organic brain syndrome, substance abuse/addictions, etc.
- ***ADULT AND CHILD/ADOLESCENT PATIENT POPULATION JOB DUTIES BELOW***
- Treatment entails individual, family, group psychotherapy, and medication management.
- Responsible for providing treatment services, and performing the full range of clinical treatments, including consultation, evaluation and treatment of emergency, complex and routine cases in the field of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
- Develop an individualized biopsychosocial treatment plan based on the child and adolescent?s diagnosis, personal and family history, current family situation, laboratory and other diagnostic tests and procedures.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Must possess and maintain current medical licensure in any US state, territory or DC.
Apply for Physician (Psychiatry)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.