General Cardiology Physician Position in Kernersville, NC
The Salisbury VA Healthcare System is recruiting to fill a Board Certified/Board Eligible General Cardiology Physician position at the Kernersville Healthcare Center located in Kernersville North Carolina.
The W.G. (Bill) Hefner VA Healthcare System headquartered in Salisbury NC, spans the piedmont region of central North Carolina and includes the Salisbury VA Medical Center located in Salisbury, NC the Charlotte Healthcare Center and the Charlotte Community Based Outpatient Clinic both located in Charlotte, NC as well as the Kernersville VA Healthcare Center located in Kernersville, NC.
Salisbury is 44 miles north of Charlotte, NC nestled along the I-85 traffic corridor that connects Atlanta, GA to Washington, DC. The Kernersville VA Healthcare Center is 51 miles north of Salisbury along the I-40 corridor. Located in the heart of the Triad area, Kernersville is a relatively rural area between the metropolitan areas of High Point, Winston Salem – home of our academic affiliate, Wake Forest University, and Greensboro, N.C.
The Salisbury VA Medical Center includes a 484-bed state-of-the-art facility offering a full range of Veteran care and services. The Kernersville Health Care Center, a beautiful state-of-the art facility which opened in 2016, providing primary care, medicine specialty, mental health, radiology and imaging, endoscopy and colonoscopy, laboratory, pharmacy, optometry, podiatry, neurology, audiology, physical therapy and rehabilitation, and same day outpatient minor surgeries. The selected Cardiologist will be primarily responsible for outpatient clinical care expected of a General Cardiology trained physician that includes interpretation of diagnostic stress tests (treadmill, stress echocardiogram, and nuclear stress), ambulatory monitors, EKGs, and echocardiograms. The Salisbury VA Medical Center is affiliated with Wake Forest University School of Medicine, so selected candidates will be considered for academic appointment based on qualifications and interests, and expected to participate in the teaching of fellows, resident, and medical students.
- Must be a Citizen of the U.S.
- Must be BC/BE in Cardiology (New Graduates Considered)
- Must have current, active, and unrestricted U.S. medical license
Benefits and Features:
- Eligible for annualized bonuses
- A Recruitment/Relocation Incentive up to 15% of salary and/or an Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP) of up to $200,000 may be considered for well-qualified selected candidate depending on facility available funding and discretion
- The VA offers Physicians and all employees industry leading full benefits and features package to support high quality professional practice and favorable work-life-family balance.
- Paid Time Off in the form of 26 Days paid annual leave, 13 Days paid sick leave per year, 10 Federal holidays with pay, and 5-Day paid absence to attend approved CME.
- Insurance to include Health-Dental-Vision care insurance programs to choose from with premiums partially paid by VA; Flexible Spending Accounts; Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government.
- Federal Retirement Plans thru the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS) - A three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits; 2) FERS-FRAE basic benefits (pension); and 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan, with up to five percent government matching.
For information and consideration, please e-mail your Cover Letter & Curriculum Vitae to Dave Aragon, VA National Healthcare Recruitment Consultant: email@example.com; Phone: (702) 675-5761 or local Human Resource Specialist, Samantha Bailey, VISN 6 Human Resources Office,: Samantha.Bailey@va.gov ; Phone: (828)298-5911 ext. 5856.
Apply for General Cardiology Physician Position in Kernersville, NC
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.