Physician - Hospitalist - Per Diem
INTERNAL / FAMILY MEDICINE PHYSICIAN
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Hospitalist Service job descriptions have been standardized across the Yale New Haven Health System. It is acknowledged and agreed that each delivery network will have variations in physician responsibilities in order to support patient needs, provider complement, teaching programs, and requirements/bylaws of each delivery network. Physician responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the responsibilities listed below. The primary function of the Physician working for the Hospitalist Service is to provide comprehensive care to medicine inpatients and as applicable, in collaboration with Physician Assistants (PA), Nurse Practitioners (NP), Associate Director(s), Director and/or Manager of the Hospitalist Service.
Qualified candidates are asked to send CV to In House Physician Recruiter, Sophie Kotomski at:
- 1. Clinical Practice:
- 1.1 Provides care to medicine inpatients assigned to the Hospitalist Service, ensuring safe, high quality, patient-centered and efficient care.
- 2. Education
- 2.1 Identifies information needs of team members, patients and families. Regularly provides related teaching and education to unit nurses and as applicable, to PAs/NPs, medical students, residents, and students from APP programs (PA or APRN).
- 3. Quality Improvement/Customer Satisfaction
- 3.1 Participates in team-based quality improvement and patient/customer satisfaction initiatives.
- 4. Patient Safety
- 4.1 Practices medicine in a manner which maximizes patient safety.
- 5. Operations
- 5.1 Follows all NEMG and respective hospital entity policies and procedures.
M.D./D.O degree, full residency training and Board eligibility/certification in internal medicine/family practice mandatory. Must have attending medical staff privileges at respective YNHHS entity.
Two (2) years caring for medicine inpatients as resident and/or attending physician.
Hold a valid Connecticut medical license, Connecticut Controlled Substance Registration and Federal Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) Certification.
Excellent clinical, interpersonal and organizational skills. Ability to work independently.
Hours can vary as per shift if per diem or by role designated by Hospital Leadership
YNHHS Requisition ID
Apply for Physician - Hospitalist - Per Diem
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.