Attending Physician - Plastic Surgery- Harlem Hospital - Part Time
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Harlem, located on 135 th Street in Manhattan, is a designated Level 1 Trauma Center and is recognized for providing centers of excellence in the areas of Bariatric Surgery, Breast Imaging and Sexual Assault Forensics. Our teams provide services for nearly 213,000 outpatient visits, more than 83,000 emergency room visits and over 13,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital maintains an academic affiliation with Columbia University Medical Center.
Board Certified or Board eligible Plastic surgeon
Provide comprehensive surgical services to the Harlem community.
Provide Plastic and Hand surgery on call coverage.
Cover Plastic surgery and hand surgery outpatient clinics.
Perform elective, and emergent Plastic hand surgery cases.
Supervise Residents, Physician Assistants, medical students and PA students.
Plastic Surgeon Responsibilities:
• Meeting with patients, taking their histories, and examining their files in order to provide them with the best surgical options.
• Outlining all the risks and benefits associated with the surgery prior to the procedure.
• Preparing patients for surgical and non-surgical procedures.
• Prescribing medication narcotics, antibiotics, other analgesics and providing aftercare advice to patients.
• Scheduling follow-up after care for operative cases
• The surgeon should be present and on time for all assigned operating room cases and clinics.
Plastic Surgeon Requirements:
• A degree in Medicine.
• A completed Plastic Surgery residency.
• Experience in Plastic and Hand surgery.
• Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
• A sound understanding of patient aftercare and wound management.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Attention to detail and impeccable bedside manner.
Apply for Attending Physician - Plastic Surgery- Harlem Hospital - Part Time
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.