UT Health San Antonio Is Seeking a Liver Cancer (HCC) Investigator: Tier One Research Institution
UT Health San Antonio, a tier-one research institution and a designated Hispanic Serving Institution, is seeking a liver cancer investigator. The successful candidate will join a team of committed scientists and clinicians who partner with a leading NCI Designated Cancer Center and a top transplant center in Texas. San Antonio and South Texas are seeing a rise in liver disease/liver cancer, particularly among its predominantly Hispanic population. Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) disproportionately affects our region. There are start-up funds available for experienced investigators, which may include up to $1M through the UT Science and Technology Acquisition and Retention (STARs) Grant Program, and up to $6M through the Cancer Prevention & Research Institute of Texas (CPRIT). CPRIT is a $6 billion, 20-year initiative – the largest state cancer research investment in the history of the United States and the second-largest cancer research and prevention program in the world.
- Focus on hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) with access to a comprehensive biorepository related to liver and pancreatic cancer specimens including serum and other specimens
- Tier one research institution and a Designated Hispanic Serving Institution
- Faculty appointment with the Department of Cell Systems and Anatomy, the Mays Cancer Center, and the University Transplant Center
- Home to an NIH-funded Clinical Translational Science Award, the Center for Biomedical Neuroscience, the Greehey Children’s Cancer Research Institute, and two prestigious destinations for aging research in the Nathan Shock Center and Claude D. Pepper Center
Candidates must have a PhD, MD, or equivalent degree, and a successful track record of funding for research in the areas of liver cancer.
Rich in history, culture, and genuine Southern hospitality, San Antonio is a wonderful place for families and individuals to call home. This city has something for everyone with plenty of amenities and attractions, including the world-renowned San Antonio River Walk.
- A tort reform state with no state income tax and a low cost of living
- A variety of affordable housing options in downtown high-rises, suburban neighborhoods, lakeside homes, and country estates with acreage
- Outstanding public and private schools as well as multiple colleges and universities
- Exciting events, including NBA games and an annual local rodeo
- An abundance of outdoor recreation and theme parks
For immediate consideration, please inquire with an updated copy of your CV so we can discuss the position by phone. Also, inform me of your best available times to speak. I look forward to your reply and thank you for your review. Please do not delay as we anticipate a significant response.
Please contact Jay Torio at: firstname.lastname@example.org or at: 866-406-0269 and reference RES-138793
Apply for UT Health San Antonio Is Seeking a Liver Cancer (HCC) Investigator: Tier One Research Institution
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.