Chief of General Surgery for Doctors Community Medical Center (DCMC)
Luminis Health, a progressive health system headquartered in picturesque Annapolis, Maryland, is seeking a Chief of General Surgery for Doctors Community Medical Center (DCMC), our Lanham, MD based hospital. The successful applicant will be accomplished in the areas of General and Bariatric Surgery.
Responsibilities of the Chief include developing a comprehensive General and Bariatric Surgery platform; overseeing the clinical care of patients; teaching residents; promoting scholarly research and innovation; mentoring junior faculty; managing the budget of the Division; representing the Surgery service line, and performing other administrative duties to support the Surgery service line, DCMC, and the health system.
As leader of the Division of General Surgery within the Surgery service line, the Chief will perform functions including, but not limited to:
- Develop plans to grow and expand the overall volume and range of innovative, quality-focused service offerings within the Division of General Surgery at DCMC, including Bariatric Surgery. Incumbent will work closely with the Surgery service line leadership and the Medical Director of Bariatric Surgery for Luminis Health to develop appropriate business plans and projections related to services within the Division.
- Develop surgical quality targets, monitor the quality and appropriateness of surgical care within Luminis Health, and support the Surgery service line training and education programs.
- Recommend and develop policies and procedures that encompass patient care, patient safety, etc. in compliance with accepted standards, regulatory agencies governing health care delivery, and the guidelines/rules or accrediting bodies.
- Establish a program of continuing education for all individuals who have clinical privileges in the Division. The program shall include educational conferences, morbidity and mortality conferences, and in-service training.
- Lead the recruitment and retention of faculty within the Division.
Why Luminis Health?
- Luminis Health is a 3-hospital system representing the Anne Arundel Medical Center in Annapolis (AAMC), the McNew Family Medical Center in Annapolis, and the Doctors Community Medical Center in Lanham (DCMC), serving a patient population of 1.7 million people across 8 counties.
- We have 35 hospital-based ORs and 2 ambulatory surgery centers, with annual surgical volumes in excess of 35,000.
- We have a strong track record of launching high-quality surgical programs, and our Abdominal Surgery, Breast Surgery, and Joint Replacement programs are the busiest in the state.
- We have robust Education, Simulation, and Research programs within the Surgery service line.
- DCMC has been recognized by Forbes list of best midsize employers, and earned Hospital Compare’s 4-star quality rating.
- AAMC is a Magnet designated, Leapfrog A rated, 5-star CMS-rated hospital, and has 10 specialties that ranked in the top decile nationally in the ACS NSQIP quality metrics.
To learn more about this exceptional opportunity - please send your CV to Kim Collins, Physician Recruiter -
firstname.lastname@example.org or call (443) 481-5166
Apply for Chief of General Surgery for Doctors Community Medical Center (DCMC)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.