Executive Medical Director Luminis Health's Cancer Services - Annapolis Maryland
Luminis Health's Cancer Services includes the delivery of all cancer services within the Geaton Joann DeCesaris Cancer Institute (DCI), Anne Arundel Medical Center (AAMC), Doctors Community Medical Center (DCMC), and Doctors Regional Cancer Care (DRCC) Lanham, Maryland. The Service line operates in the context of our health system whose vision, mission, and values serve as the foundation to our vision for a community Living Healthier Together. Our mission reflects our steadfast commitment to continually move the people we serve along the continuum of care to improve their health and wellbeing. Our seven values are our beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors which guide all that we do.
The role of the Cancer Service Line to achieve our vision is to provide high value cancer care that is scientifically based and designed to exceed patient and family expectations. The LH Cancer Service Line includes strategic and operational leadership for the medical/providers, staff, and cancer programs to include Medical, Surgical, and Radiation Oncology physician practices and programs, cancer research, genetics, psychosocial support programs including social work, nutrition, nurse navigation, cancer prevention, community outreach, cancer survivorship, cancer registry, and quality.
The Executive Medical Director Cancer Services (EMD) will function in a dyad leadership model with the Vice President of the cancer service line. Together they are responsible for the continued development and creation of clinical programs to achieve goals. The EMD provides leadership to all aspects of the cancer service line with regard to strategic, operational, resource management, and educational efforts throughout the service. The EMD is a key clinical leader in the organization. The EMD will support the system CMOs, Chairs, Service Chiefs, and medical directors in our matrixed organization in their efforts to achieve those strategic initiatives defined as critical to a thriving health system. These would include but are not limited to a framework of quality improvement, enhanced patient experience, and a programmatic approach to decision making. Measures of success for this role include achieving high patient experience results, clinical quality outcomes, workforce wellbeing, growth, and achievement of financial goals including Foundation/Development efforts.
The "applicant" may be a medical, surgical, or radiation oncologist. The applicant will report directly to the President of Luminis Health's Care Enterprise (LCHE) and integrate care vertically and horizontally with a history of success working in a highly matrixed organization recognizing that this is a requirement to be an effective member of the leadership team at Luminis Health to include:
- Presidents AAMC, DCMC
- Chief Nursing Officers: AAMC, DCMC
- Chief Medical Officers: AAMC, DCMC
- Clinical Chairs
- Service Line leadership
- Chief Financial Officer
- General Counsel & Chief Legal Officer
- Chief Human Resources Officer
- Chief Information Officer
- Reduce unwarranted variation in care; enhance consumer engagement in quality and experience/ enhance research, innovation, and teaching and enhance coordination of care through facility redesign.
- Leads the creation of tumor site centers of excellence; select disease specific multidisciplinary medical leaders to develop a tumor site strategy; recruit provider gaps
- Lead Providers in selection and implementation of care pathways/guidelines to reduce unwarranted variation in care
- Provides advice concerning participation in affiliation or other teaching agreements between system and educational institution
- Presents or publish and encourage others on behalf of Luminis Health regarding topics of relevance to departmental leadership, clinical improvements
- Identifies opportunities to improve operational efficiencies and resource allocation related to the delivery of care
- Leads cancer services for the journey towards a High Reliability Organization setting expectations for clinical excellence, harm reduction and high patient satisfaction.
- Reviews and analyzes performance data and present data to the respective Medicine, Surgery, Women's and Oncology Quality Councils, and others as requested.
- Leads the planning efforts for Oncology CME and other professional development conferences
- Leads the implementation, development, and growth of the LH cancer services research program in collaboration with the Research Institute including expansion of physician investigators
- Serves on the Research Advisory Board another research related initiatives or committees
- Serves as the Chair of the ACoS CoC Cancer Committee
- Provides oversight for compliance with the policies and procedures of the Anne Arundel Medical Center (AAMC), Doctors Community Medical Center (DCMC) Doctors Regional Cancer Care( DRCC), the Joint Commission (JC), American College of Radiology for Radiation Oncology (ACR), ACoS CoC and other accrediting agencies, and the Medical Staff Bylaws.
1. Medical Degree with appropriate board certification
2. Master's degree in public health or business administration preferred
3. 7-10 years' experience in an administrative leadership role with associated responsibilities to include budget and quality
4. Demonstrated leadership of multidisciplinary cancer care service across the continuum.
5. Experience in value based or alternative payment models preferred
6. Experience leading in a matrixed organization reaching across the enterprise and working collaboratively with numerous constituencies.
7. Master clinician associated with an academic stature that will enhance credibility across the health system.
8. Demonstrated ability to recruit and mentor oncology specialists
9. Evidence of successful research and scholarly activities
10. Experience working in an academic medical center or complex teaching environment
To learn more about this exceptional opportunity - please send your CV to Kim Collins, Lead Physician Recruiter firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 443-481-3728
Luminis Health is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply for Executive Medical Director Luminis Health's Cancer Services - Annapolis Maryland
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.