- The psychiatrist will use video technology to diagnose and treat patients with behavioral disorders in emergency departments and inpatient medical/surgical units across multiple hospitals in Providence Telehealth's coverage footprint
- There may be opportunities to diversify one's work portfolio as the program expands to include other inpatient/outpatient settings depending on psychiatrist interest
- Current standard shifts are 12 hours in length; potential opportunities for partial shifts as well
- The ability to work well with a team is critical to success given that psychiatrists work collaboratively with a team of psychiatrists and clinical social workers on shift
- 2+ years' experience required
- Experience providing psychiatric consultation-liaison services to medical/surgical inpatients and emergency departments required
- Telemedicine experience preferred, but not required
- Generous compensation and benefits package
Where You'll Work
Telehealth is a unique program that connects people with the care they need no matter where they are. Sophisticated, state-of-the-art technology allows our providers to consult, diagnose and treat patients in real time. Location is no longer a limiting factor. Providence Health & Services together with its affiliates, Swedish Health Services and Kadlec, offer more than 40 Telehealth services ranging from Primary Care to Critical Care. Telehealth: Right Care. Right Time. Wherever You Are.
Where You'll Live
Seattle is the Pacific Northwest's largest urban center, with a metro population of 3.25 million, and is home to world-class arts and entertainment, a robust economy and an outstanding school system. The city hugs Puget Sound and offers magnificent mountain views to the north, east and south. Home to the world's biggest tech giants, Seattle offers some of the highest minimum wages in the country, along with a notable music and arts scene, outdoor lifestyle and amazing coffee.
Who You'll Work For
Providence is a nationally recognized, comprehensive health care organization spanning seven states with a universal mission - to provide compassionate care to all who need its services, especially the poor and vulnerable. Its 119,000-plus caregivers/employees serve in 51 hospitals, more than 800 clinics and a comprehensive range of health and social services. Providence: one name, one family, one extraordinary health system.
Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran
Job ID Number: 16439
Apply for Telepsychiatry
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.