Attending Adult Inpatient Psychiatrist- Jacobi Medical Center, Bronx - Full Time
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Jacobi, located in the Bronx, accommodates more than 325,000 outpatient visits, more than 100,000 emergency room visits and more than 20,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital is renowned for The Trauma Center, staffed to treat any traumatic injury or illness, the fully accredited Breast Health Center, and The Burn Center, with more than 40 years of work in burn care. The hospital also serves patients of many other needs. The hospital maintains an academic affiliation with Albert Einstein Medical College of Yeshiva University .
The Department of Psychiatry at New York City Health + Hospitals/Jacobi offers the opportunity to make a real impact! With 89 Adult, Acute Inpatient beds, a Comprehensive Psychiatric Emergency Program (CPEP), a Consultation-Liaison Service, Adult Ambulatory Practice, Intensive Outpatient Program, and a Community-Based Assertive Community Treatment Program, we are well-positioned to perform life sustaining work. The department employs evidence-based best practices in providing the highest level of quality care to its patients, utilizing a patient-centered approach that is respectful of their individuality, culture, and community.
Join our modern, state-of-the-art facility that offers a Level 1 Trauma Center, and is located in an attractive and safe residential Bronx neighborhood, just 20 minutes from Manhattan. As a North Bronx Healthcare Network hospital, we are affiliated with North Central Bronx
Hospital and are a teaching site and academic affiliate of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, offering a full continuum of Acute Care Inpatient and Outpatient services within diverse Medical and Surgical specialties, including Psychiatry.
- Responsibilities will include:
- The staff Psychiatrist will have responsibility for clinical and educational activities on a 24-bed acute adult inpatient unit, including participation in a multidisciplinary treatment team.
- Direct supervision of Psychologists, Social Workers, Psychiatric PA staff and Medical Students
- Participation in all activities related to clinical care and documentation of care, performance improvement, regulatory compliance, and student supervision, education & training
- Participate in our innovative integrative care activities
- Eligible for license in the state of NY
- ABMS Board Certified or Board eligible
- Graduated from ACGME or AOA approved training program
- Completion of an approved Psychiatry residency program
- 2 years of satisfactory full-time paid clinical experience in psychiatric practice.
- Superior clinical, Diagnostic, interpersonal/communication and team-building skills.
- Bilingual English/Spanish
You will receive:
- A very competitive salary
- An excellent benefits package
- An Academic Appointment at AECOM
- Opportunities for Departmental Representation via hospital committee work
- Opportunities for Leadership Education
- Opportunities for Research
Listen to our Podcast - Maryann Popiel, MD - Discovering Psychiatry Throughout the 5 Boroughs.
Apply for Attending Adult Inpatient Psychiatrist- Jacobi Medical Center, Bronx - Full Time
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.