Attending Physician - Pediatric Emergency Medicine - Kings County - Full Time - Brooklyn, NY
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Kings County , located in the heart of Brooklyn, accommodate more than 518,076 outpatient visits, more than 141,328 emergency room visits, and with 627 beds, more than 25,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital maintains a strong academic affiliation with SUNY Downstate Medical Center in order to maintain its high standards of healthcare delivery.
Kings County is located in the East Flatbush/Prospect-Lefferts section of Brooklyn, close to the 2 and 5 subways. Our patients are diverse, with the majority being afro-Caribbean. Most of our patients are native English speakers. Knowledge of French/Haitian Creole is helpful, but not required.
The Pediatric Emergency Department is a large department with over 140,000 patient visits yearly. The provider coverage includes attendings and APPs. We support a residency program that is the largest Pediatric Emergency Medicine program in the country along with 7 fellowship programs.
The operations of the Pediatric Emergency Department includes a critical care/trauma unit, fast track, observation, and a very busy main Emergency Department. A large department like ours requires adequate coverage to effectively and expeditiously provide safe care to our patients.
- The attending physician will be responsible for overseeing all clinical activities in the Emergency Department during assigned shifts.
- Assess, evaluate, diagnose, preform history and physical exams, treat patients of all ages who present in the Emergency Department with any symptoms, illness, injury, or condition.
- Provide comprehensive and quality care to the patients
- Work collaboratively with nursing as well as other clinical services in the hospital
- Complete all assigned administrative tasks/charts as required by the department as well as the hospital
- Provide clinical teaching and oversights for residents, fellows, and students
- Must be up to date with clinical skills and knowledge base by regular CME as well as taking part in regular departmental teaching activities
- Preform all other duties assigned by the chief of service or his/her designee
- Licensed to practice in NY state
- Board certified in Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- Graduate of an approved medical school
- Meets 911 staffing requirements
For more information regarding this opportunity, please email your CV to Katherine Sharpe, Physician Recruiter for PAGNY, at email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Apply for Attending Physician - Pediatric Emergency Medicine - Kings County - Full Time - Brooklyn, NY
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.