Family Medicine Residency - Program Director
Employment Type: Contract
Location: Einstein Medical Center Montgomery
Weekends Required? Yes
Rotation Required? No
On-Call Required? Yes
Entity: Einstein Physicians Montgomery
Department: Montgomery Fam Practice - FP
Biweekly Hours: 80
Experience Required: 3 - 5 Years
City: East Norriton
Zip Code: 19403
The EMCM Family Medicine Residency Program is a structured 6x6x6 residency with a curriculum of 36 months duration. The curriculum core is the continuity care clinic experience. The essential learning activity is interaction with patients, the personal doctor-patient relationship, and the appreciation for the individual, the family, and the community.
Residents follow their own panels of patients and experience firsthand preventive care and the management of acute and chronic medical conditions, as well as the interaction of families and physicians. Montgomery Family Practice is the home of the residency program. The resident clinic is an 11,000 square foot facility with 14 examination rooms, a procedure room, faculty offices, a resident lounge, a meeting room, a resource library, and a centrally located classroom. Family Medicine Residents, under the supervision of ABMS or AOBFP certified Family Physicians, provide comprehensive primary care to a diverse population in Norristown, PA.
Residents and Program
• Ensures the development and operation of the program meet the general and specific standards for accreditation through oversight of all medical and administrative activities, including effective curriculum and ACGME or AOA -required competencies. Integrates the work of the program with other hospital divisions, as well as external organizations, to ensure fulfillment of all regulatory requirements.
• Oversees selection and evaluation of residents, including selection of program candidates, evaluation and promotions, disciplinary actions and appeals process and facilitation of career planning.
• Conducts regular reviews of the program to assess the quality of the educational experience and available resources to ensure that maximum efficiencies and effectiveness are achieved.
• In partnership with department leadership, recruits and retains strong faculty with excellent records in clinical care, research and/or education, as well as designates and evaluates well-qualified physicians to act as volunteer faculty and assist in resident supervision/teaching.
• Evaluates, mentors and sets appropriate expectations for all faculty and staff.
• Provides dynamic leadership for the integration of graduate medical education into the culture and daily operations of Ballad Health. Builds effective and long-term interdisciplinary support for overall graduate medical education and the core program of responsibility.
• Represents Ballad Health and the core program of responsibility on a regional and national stage by participating in pertinent organizations, as well as locally by presentations to, or inclusions on, various boards, medical staffs, councils, community groups or similar bodies.
• Supports initiatives throughout Ballad Health that have a positive impact on medical education, quality improvement, excellence in clinical practice and research (meeting ACGME and AOA requirements), as well as other initiatives that involve the care provided by residents and/or faculty of the residency program.
Leadership and Administration
• Executes program director responsibilities according to ACGME standards for an family medicine programs.
• In partnership with department and medical education leadership, establishes the residency program mission, objectives and measures of effectiveness. Guides continuous strategic planning for both short-term improvements and long-term growth and development goals.
• Holds responsibility for the financial management of program resources. Acts as a liaison with external funding agencies to support educational activities, as appropriate. Actively participates in the development of program operational and capital budgets.
• In partnership with medical education leadership, supervises the professional and administrative staff assigned to the core program of responsibility. Provides continuous feedback, both positive and constructive, as well as assisting in determining appropriate staff selection, delegation of duties and advising on challenging situations/assignments.
Ideal candidate must have:
Three years of experience in teaching medical students, residents, or fellows
Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, Experience in scholarship (discovery, innovation, or education)
Strong organizational management proficiency and trainee oversight competencies
Knowledge of the clinical learning environment and micro-teaching skills
Familiarity with curriculum development and implementation.
Graduated from an approved MD or DO medical school program
Graduated from an accredited ACGME Family Medicine Residency Program
BC status in Family Medicine
Ability to Obtain a PA Medical and DEA license
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Apply for Family Medicine Residency - Program Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.