- Comprehensive medical/research center with opportunity for academic appointment, protected research time, and career advancement
- This position plays a key research leadership role in the Division of Surgical Oncology.
- Phase 1 clinical trial program and close collaboration with translational scientists
- Immunotherapy or immunogenomic focus desirable, but not essential
- New graduates with fellowship training or experienced clinicians are welcome to apply
Where You'll Work
A division of Providence Cancer Institute and located within the Robert W. Franz Cancer Center, the Earle A. Chiles Research Institute is a world-class research facility led by a team of more than 150 physicians and scientists in Portland, Oregon. With a primary focus on cancer immunotherapy, these industry-leading professionals work together to improve the standard of care through bench to bedside research and the integration of clinical trials into medical practices.
Where You'll Live
Portland is rich in character and culture, with strong neighborhood identities and community bonds that defy its population of 2.3 million. Home of the Portland Trail Blazers, "Rip City" is ranked No. 8 in the Best Places to Live by U.S. News & World Report, based on its high quality of life and thriving job market. A foodie mecca, Portland is ideally situated between waterfalls, beaches, Mt. Hood skiing and hiking trails, forests and the Columbia River Gorge.
Who You'll Work For
Providence is a nationally recognized, comprehensive health care organization spanning seven states with a universal mission - to provide compassionate care to all who need its services, especially the poor and vulnerable. Its 119,000-plus caregivers/employees serve in 51 hospitals, more than 800 clinics and a comprehensive range of health and social services. Providence: one name, one family, one extraordinary health system.
Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran
Job ID Number: 16219
Apply for Thoracic Surgeon-Scientist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.