Attending Psychiatrist- HIV - Jacobi Medical Center, Bronx - Full Time
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Jacobi, located in the Bronx, accommodates more than 325,000 outpatient visits, more than 100,000 emergency room visits and more than 20,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital is renowned for The Trauma Center, staffed to treat any traumatic injury or illness, the fully accredited Breast Health Center, and The Burn Center, with more than 40 years of work in burn care. The hospital also serves patients of many other needs. The hospital maintains an academic affiliation with Albert Einstein Medical College of Yeshiva University .
The Department of Psychiatry has 89 adult acute inpatient beds, a CPEP, a Consultation-Liaison Service, an Adult Ambulatory Practice, and a Community-Based Assertive Community Treatment Program. The department employs evidenced-based best practices in providing the highest quality care to its patients, in a patient-centered approach that is respectful of their individuality, culture, and community.
We are looking for a dynamic and flexible adult psychiatrist to join our dynamic HIV practice and help us provide care for a diverse group of people living with HIV in the North Bronx Health Care . Help us fulfill the collaborative care model that would provide the most effective care as a member of the team, embedded in a Level 3 Patient Centered Medical Home. The person who is selected for this position would work alongside a group of internal medicine physicians, nurses, nurse practitioners, social workers and case managers providing consultative as well as direct patient care. Be on the cutting edge in the redesign of a health care system that cares for the whole patient.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assess and screen patients by conducting psychiatric evaluations, including interviews, medical histories, observations, and psychological testing
- Analyze data and results of assessments to diagnose patients
- Prescribe and administer psychiatric medications according to diagnosis
- Monitor patients to determine efficacy and potential side effects of medications
- Develop a treatment plan, measure progress against the plan, and make adjustments as needed
- Provide crisis intervention as needed
- Complete all necessary clinical documentation in an accurate and timely manner
- Collaborate with a broader team of physicians, psychologists, social workers, nutritionist and nurses to assess and adjust treatment plans
- Coordinate and communicate with case managers and other stakeholders about treatment and care
- Participation in all activities related to clinical care and documentation of care, performance improvement, regulatory compliance, and student supervision, education & training inlcuding innovative integrative care activities
- Eligible for license in the state of NY
- ABMS Board Certified or Board eligible
- Graduated from ACGME or AOA approved training program
- Completion of an approved Psychiatry residency program
- 2 years of satisfactory full-time paid clinical experience in psychiatric practice.
- Superior clinical, Diagnostic, interpersonal/communication and team-building skills.
- Bilingual English/Spanish
You will receive:
- A very competitive salary
- An excellent benefits package
- An Academic Appointment at AECOM
- Opportunities for Departmental Representation via hospital committee work
- Opportunities for Leadership Education
- Opportunities for Research
- Competitive compensation salary
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Excellent dental coverage including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time and CME days
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through National Student Forgiveness Center
- Visa candidates are considered
Listen to our Podcast - Maryann Popiel, MD - Discovering Psychiatry Throughout the 5 Boroughs.
For consideration, please email your CV to Joseph Mastov- Physician Recruiter at email@example.com
Apply for Attending Psychiatrist- HIV - Jacobi Medical Center, Bronx - Full Time
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.