Residency Program Director, Pediatric Dental Medicine
Northwell Health Pediatric Dentistry at Cohen Children’s Medical Center
As we continue to grow and expand, the Division of Pediatric Dentistry at Cohen Children’s Medical Center, in conjunction with the Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell, is seeking a pediatric dentist to join as Director, Residency in Pediatric Dental Medicine at Cohen Children’s Medical Center.
- MD Degree or equivalent from an accredited School of Medicine.
- Completion of Residency in OMFS with Board Certification.
- Currently licensed as a physician and dentist in the State of New York.
- Outstanding communication and management skills and an ability to work collaboratively with medical staff, hospital management, and residents.
- Previous division, department, or residency program leadership
- Must possess recent experience in generally accepted and currently used methods and techniques.
- Design and maintain a curriculum that meets the needs of the program and the missions of the hospital and sponsoring institution
- Evaluate faculty upon joining the program and regularly thereafter
- Administer and maintain a learning environment conducive to training residents in each of the ACGME competencies
- Ensure compliance with all institutional and ACGME policies and requirements
- Oversee resident recruitment
- Oversight of program budget, review of performance measures, and use of staff resources
Northwell Health Department of Dental Medicine is a premier clinical and academic department comprised of hospital-based faculty and a growing network of community providers and multidisciplinary oral health professionals. Northwell Health, New York State’s largest health care provider and private employer, is a dynamic place to practice and maintains a true dedication to its academic mission. We value insights and education from thought-leaders to ensure quality, compassionate care while maintaining a focus on innovation, research, and education.
Cohen Children’s Medical Center is the largest pediatric teaching hospital in the New York metropolitan region, with more than 13,000 admissions per year and over 60,000 emergency department visits. It is the tertiary pediatric medical center of Northwell Health, and it is the only Level-1 Pediatric Trauma Center and ECMO Center on Long Island, and the only pediatric teaching hospital for the Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell.
Northwell Health includes 23 award-winning hospitals and more than 750 community-based practice locations throughout Long Island, Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, Staten Island, and Westchester. All candidates will receive competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, and eligibility for tuition reimbursement. Physicians will be employed as members of Northwell Physician Partners, the fifth largest medical group in the country. Academic Appointment to Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell is commensurate with credentials and experience.
For further details and opportunities, please contact Office of Physician Recruitment, Northwell Health: OPR@northwell.edu
Apply for Residency Program Director, Pediatric Dental Medicine
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.