Pediatric NICU Hospitalist - Kings County Hospital - Brooklyn, New York - Full Time
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Kings County, located in the heart of Brooklyn, accommodate more than 518,076 outpatient visits, more than 141,328 emergency room visits, and with 627 beds, more than 25,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital maintains a strong academic affiliation with SUNY Downstate Medical Center in order to maintain its high standards of healthcare delivery.
Kings County is located in the East Flatbush/Prospect-Lefferts section of Brooklyn, close to the 2 and 5 subways. Our patients are diverse, with the majority being afro-Caribbean. Most of our patients are native English speakers. Knowledge of French/Haitian Creole is helpful, but not required.
The Pediatric/NICU Hospitalist is responsible for providing pediatric patient care and health care maintenance for the patients of Kings County Hospital Center:
- To care for patients in the Pediatric NICU Hospitalist Service, as well as the Well Baby Nursery and Labor and Delivery units.
- Referring patients to the specialty and subspecialty clinics as indicated and coordinate the care provided by the specialists.
- To serve as a consultant for patients referred by other physicians in the community and health centers.
- Coordinate the care of specialists as required/needed.
- Supervise the work of Residents, Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants assigned to work with them.
- Quality of care.
- Consult the management protocols, standard textbooks. journals, etc. in their management of patients and will also consult clinic Chiefs and other consultants, as necessary.
- Board Certification or Eligibility in Pediatrics
- Possess or eligible for a New York State Medical License
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days and dollars
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center
- Visa candidates are considered
- Medical Malpractice policy coverage
For more information regarding this opportunity, please email your CV to Katherine Sharpe, Physician Recruiter for PAGNY, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Apply for Pediatric NICU Hospitalist - Kings County Hospital - Brooklyn, New York - Full Time
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.