Physician, Full Professor Head of the Hematology Service (HEM) and Central Laboratory (LCH)
UNIL is a leading international teaching and research institution, with over 5,000 employees and 15,500 students split between its Dorigny campus, CHUV and Epalinges. UNIL and CHUV encourage excellence, individual recognition and responsibility. The Faculty of Biology and Medicine (FBM) and the Lausanne University Hospital (CHUV) are inviting applications for a position of:
Physician, Full Professor
Head of the hematology Service (HEM) and Central Laboratory (LCH)
Starting date: Summer 2022
Place: Lausanne, Switzerland
The Hematology Service of the CHUV is multiple, transverse and its clinical axis covers three areas:
- Benign hematology also including myeloproliferative neoplasms, coagulation and hemostasis disorders (tendencies to thrombosis and hemorrhage).
- The clinic for leukemia (acute and chronic) and myelodysplastic syndromes.
- The lymphoma and myeloma clinic.
Each ield is faced with the challenges linked to the development of innovative therapeutic approaches, including new targeted treatments, supra-intensive treatments, and autologous transplantation of hematopoietic stem cells.
The central routine hematology laboratory includes units for 24/7 hematology and hemostasis, specialized hemostasis, cytology and immunophenotyping, molecular biology and oncogenomics. Hematologic laboratory medicine is evolving rapidly with increasingly complex analytical methods implemented in routine laboratories. The service also has research laboratories.
Main missions of the position:
1. Manage, organize, and ensure the development of all the typical activities of a Clinical Service in a university hospital
2. Ensure and strengthen the expertise and security of clinical missions / services while developing inter-institutional collaborations and synergies in line with the strategic plan of the CHUV
3. Conduct and develop high-level clinical and academic research missions, financed by expert external funds and published in quality scientific journals, including own research
4. Ensure and guarantee pre-graduate (according to FBM needs), postgraduate (ISFM cat. A1 training center), and continuing training missions in the field of hematology, while participating in them.
5. Consolidate the influence of the clinical and academic field both internally and externally.
- Federal medical degree (or Mebeko equivalent), MD or MD-PhD
- ISFM specialist title (or Mebeko equivalent) in hematology
- FAMH specialist title (or equivalent) in laboratory hematology. Knowledge of somatic genetics is an asset.
- Extensive and recognized clinical experience in all aspects of hematology, including hematologic laboratory medicine and demonstrated skills in oncohematology
- Widely recognized (or certified) managerial skills in leading a large / multi-site team and significant experience in project management
- Academic knowledge of faculty rank with proven practice in pre- and postgraduate education
- Ability to set up clinical research programs likely to be supported by expert external funds
- Good knowledge of French (LM or min. B2, C1 ideal) or ability to acquire it quickly.
Further information may be obtained from Prof. Michel Duchosal (Michel.firstname.lastname@example.org), Head of Service
Applications, in English, will include 1) a motivation letter 2) a curriculum vitae, 3) a brief description of the research program (external funding obtained) with the list of publications and a copy of the five most significant articles, 4) a description of the
teaching experience, as well as the certified copy of diplomas (and Mebeko recognition). They should be submitted online by September 30th 2021 (23:59 GMT +1) to: wwwfbm.unil.ch/releve/application/ as a single PDF file.
The job description is available on the same link (or QR code).
We offer a pleasant working atmosphere in a multicultural, diverse, and dynamic academic environment. There are possibilities for continuing professional education and a multitude of activities and other benefits to discover.
UNIL and CHUV are committed to promoting gender equality and diversity and strongly encourage applications from women. www.unil.ch/egalite