Chief, Primary Care - Harlem Hospital - New York, New York
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Harlem, located on 135 th Street in Manhattan, is a designated Level 1 Trauma Center and is recognized for providing centers of excellence in the areas of Bariatric Surgery, Breast Imaging and Sexual Assault Forensics. Our teams provide services for nearly 213,000 outpatient visits, more than 83,000 emergency room visits and over 13,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital maintains an academic affiliation with Columbia University Medical Center.
The Chief of Primary Care oversees the Harlem Primary Care practice and leads all quality efforts for the practice, including PCMH, ACO, and care management. He/she is also responsible for the educational environment for medical students and the resident continuity clinic. The Chief participates in both direct patient care and teaching of medical students and residents. He/she also serves as an Assistant Medical Director for Ambulatory Care (second in command to the Chief of Ambulatory Care).
- Participates in recruitment and selection process for providers.
- Performs clinical supervision of clinic staff, including regular performance appraisals and feedback, oversight of work hours and time sheets, and review of quality of care. This done in collaboration with the providers Chief of Service.
- Collaborates on the integration of medical services into NYC H+H's overall comprehensive services plan.
- Advises on the purchase of medical equipment.
- Leads or assists planning for the development of new clinical programs.
- Review patient medical charts for quality as needed, and in a planned Performance Improvement program.
- Sign off on (verifies) charts as needed for other clinic staff who may be unavailable due to illness, or departure from services.
- Assists administrative team to close all visits in the area of responsibility in a timely fashion. Best performance is same day as the patient is seen.
- Assures supervision of physician assistants and nurse practitioners.
- Ensure adequate staffing and appropriate scheduling for providers.
- Assists in development of treatment modalities needed by NYC H+H.
- Demonstrates an understanding of NYC H+H Harlem Hospital's mission in performing all aspects of the position of Chief of Primary Care.
- Demonstrates a caring and helpful attitude when interacting with patients, vendors, fellow employees and physician colleagues is a leader in H+H culture of care.
- Responsible for quality metrics as determined by the hospital and ambulatory care leadership.
- Disseminates information regarding process change, quality and efficiency metrics, financials and other initiatives to staff under the Physician Clinic Chief's supervision. This includes timely documentation and response to requests for action. (For example documentation of information needed for financial clearance for procedures).
- Promotes adheres to, and participates in revision of the Bylaws of the Medical Staff and maintains timely documentation of their own patients.
- Leads audits of quality and work with accountable staff to improve performance.
- Board Certification in Internal Medicine
- Possess or eligible for a New York State Medical License
- Ability to speak Spanish highly desired
- At least 5 years' experience in primary care practice
- At least 3 years in leadership role
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days
For more information regarding this opportunity, please email your CV to Loretta Modesto, Physician Recruiter for PAGNY, at ModestoL@pagny.org
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Apply for Chief, Primary Care - Harlem Hospital - New York, New York
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.