Attending Physician-Anesthesiology- Full Time- Harlem Hospital
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Harlem , located on 135 th Street in Manhattan near the subway and bus line. Our teams provide services for nearly 213,000 outpatient visits, more than 83,000 emergency room visits and over 13,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital maintains an academic affiliation with Columbia University Medical Center.
We are currently searching for a dynamic Full time Anesthesiologist to join our outstanding team. We have immediate openings and flexible schedules. This position has a mix of cases; besides the bread and butter we also serve light pediatrics, obstetric, neuro, orthopedics and plastics. Daily work includes working with CRNA's, medical students and residents.
- Determines and prescribes kinds of anesthetics and procedures to be employed in various categories of cases.
- Advises Anesthetists and Surgeons in cases where age or condition of patient presents unusual or complex problems.
- Recommends suitable anesthesia, advises on dosages and consults on post-operative complications.
- Reviews case histories and is responsible for all matters pertaining to Anesthesiology.
- Lectures to and trains Anesthetists, Residents and auxiliary staff.
- Attends clinical conferences.
- Administers anesthesia.
- Performs related work as required.
- 40 hour work week with 1 overnight call per week, no weekend call
- Graduation from medical school of recognized standing with the degree of Doctor of Medicine.
- Completion of an acceptable internship in an approved hospital
- A license to practice Medicine in the State of New York
- Three years of specialized experience in the field of Anesthesiology.
- Experience in block placement in upper and lower extremities preferred but not required
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center
- Visa candidates are considered
Apply for Attending Physician-Anesthesiology- Full Time- Harlem Hospital
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.