Addiction Psychiatrist, Consultation and Outpatient Addiction Treatment Programs – Staten Island, NY
The Behavioral Health Service Line is seeking a full-time Addiction Psychiatrist to join our team to coordinate care within and between our hospital-based addiction consultative services and our Chemical Dependency/Ancillary Withdrawal Program at Staten Island University Hospital.
This high visibility position offers the right candidate an opportunity to work with a committed team of professionals to provide consults for the Consults for Addiction Treatment and Care in Hospitals (CATCH) program and to work with the clinical leadership of our outpatient programs, while also establishing a new Bridging Clinic to support the referral process from the CATCH team as well as our Emergency Department SBIRT program. The ideal candidate will be a Board Certified/Board Eligible Psychiatrist having completed a fellowship in Addiction Psychiatry.
- Evaluating patients for medication assisted treatments
- Coordinate patients’ progress and treatment plans with the treatment team
- Responsible for prescribing buprenorphine and other medications as indicated
- Supervise residents, fellows, and medical students
- Participate in community and professional education/consultations around medication assisted treatments
The Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health Sciences at Staten Island University Hospital (SIUH) is the most active provider of comprehensive mental health services on Staten Island, a borough of New York City with a population of more than 480,000. Staffed by an accredited team of psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, nurse practitioners, nurses, activity therapists, and other personnel, the Department offers sophisticated multi-disciplinary care. Our 23,000 outpatient visits and over 1,450 inpatient discharges are redefining the way behavioral health care is delivered. Experience a career well cared for and make a difference in the lives of our community.
As part of Northwell Health, Staten Island University Hospital is a 714-bed teaching institution and tertiary care medical center.
- Board Certified in Psychiatry from ABPN
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in Addiction Psychiatry
- Current licensure as a physician in the State of New York
- Active Buprenorphine waiver (DATA 2000)
- ACLS or other certification, as required by department. Certification must be obtained within one (1) month of employment.
- Experience with stabilization and withdrawal management and settings
- Experience providing treatment for addiction and co-occurring mental health disorders
- Experience in an addiction rehabilitation environment
- Experience with therapeutic groups (preferably addiction-oriented), therapeutic communities, and inpatient care
Benefits at Northwell Health include:
- Nationally competitive salaries
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Four weeks’ vacation plus paid conference/CME time
- Academic appointment commensurate with experience at the Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell
- Advanced education opportunities
- College Tuition reimbursement for dependent children
Qualified candidates should forward their CV to Victoria DiCanio: Vdicanio@northwell.edu
Northwell Health is New York State’s largest health care provider and private employer, with 23 hospitals, more than 600 outpatient facilities and nearly 15,000 affiliated physicians. We care for over two million people annually in the New York metro area and beyond, thanks to philanthropic support from our communities. Our 66,000 employees – 15,000-plus nurses and 4,000 employed doctors, including members of Northwell Health Physician Partners – are working to change health care for the better. We’re making breakthroughs in medicine at the Feinstein Institute for Medical Research. We're training the next generation of medical professionals at the visionary Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell and the Hofstra Northwell School of Graduate Nursing and Physician Assistant Studies.
Diversity and Health Equity:
Northwell Health is committed to training, supporting and nurturing physicians from all backgrounds. We fully understand that diversity is integral for our institutional excellence and a means to attaining health equity. As a result, our diversity and inclusion efforts are a part of everything we do, from education, to clinical care, to research, to physician well-being. Diversity and inclusion permeates our educational and clinical initiatives. We have set a goal to make sure every one of our physicians receives training on how to deliver high quality, culturally competent care. Our recent educational areas of focus have been on social determinants of health, community engagement and developing a medical-legal partnership for our physicians-in-training. One of our many strengths is our diverse patient population and our expectation is that our diverse patient populations receive equitable care, irrespective of who they are. As a result, we continually recruit a diverse physician workforce to meet the needs of our diverse patients.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Physicians are employed through Northwell Health Physician Partners, one of the largest medical groups in the country.
Apply for Addiction Psychiatrist, Consultation and Outpatient Addiction Treatment Programs – Staten Island, NY
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.