Chief of Trauma Surgery
Division Chief of Trauma
Crozer Chester Medical Center
Reporting to: Chair of Surgery
Crozer Health is seeking an experienced surgeon for the Division Chief of Trauma position. The Division Chief reports to the Chair of Surgery and works closely with other Division Chiefs and key organizational stakeholders to advance high-level patient-centered care at Crozer Chester Medical Center located in Upland, PA. Opportunity will require clinical and non-clinical skillsets for direction and advancement of the established trauma program. Clinical responsibilities will include practice of acute care surgery, supporting the Level 2 trauma center, emergency general surgery, and surgical critical care. Participation in the Crozer general surgery resident program is an expectation.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Participate in the development and writing of Trauma Policies, Protocols, and Practice Guidelines
- Establish standards and metrics necessary to collaboratively drive outcomes in safety, quality, and experience.
- Contribute to the development of the Division and Service Line through definition and development of clinical capabilities
- Assist in the recruitment and training of highly qualified providers
- Participate in the identification, evaluation, and implementation of growth strategies
- Organize, direct, and integrate the trauma program with all other departments and services within the hospital.
- Oversee the trauma PI program and participate in other quality initiatives that deal with the care of injured patients.
- Ensure all regulatory, compliance, and certification standards are met for the program
- Assure transfer agreements are in place and in good standing; maintain and foster a collaborative relationship with receiving facilities.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with the medical staff, trauma service staff, administration, and other departments.
In partnership with other leaders, the Division Chief will:
- Collaborate with the Trauma Program Administrative Director to establish trauma program goals and objectives consistent with those of the hospital and the PTSF and ensure that those are being met.
- Oversee the physicians and physician extenders providing clinical services
- Oversee the preparation of the annual reports including budgetary planning and performance evaluation of medical providers
- Ensure that physicians and physician extenders meet Division clinical practice goals and metrics
- Develop and provide input on the development and maintenance of practice guidelines, policies, and methodologies for medical/surgical trauma care.
- Participate in site reviews by regulatory agencies.
- Organize, direct, and implement departmental practices to assure continued compliance with applicable laws including the guidelines established by the Statewide Trauma System and the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Hospitals.
- Demonstrate positive interpersonal relationship with colleagues, referral MDs, hospital personnel, and patients/families in order to achieve maximum operational effectiveness and customer satisfaction.
- Make appropriate referrals for specialty services and communicate regularly with referring physician as appropriate.
- Assume clinical responsibility for all trauma patients.
- Ensure that adequate attending physician availability is provided to render care to trauma patients.
- Ensure establishment of physician/surgeon call schedules for all trauma care.
- Provide trauma care leadership and consultation for emergency, surgery, and intensive care unit departments.
- Participate in regional and statewide activities affecting the trauma program.
- Attend local and national meetings and conferences to remain current regarding issues relevant to the performance of duties.
- Participate in trauma patient/family satisfaction projects as developed by hospital.
We are a Pennsylvania Trauma Systems Foundation certified Regional Level 2 Trauma Center that serves Delaware County and beyond. In 2020, the Trauma Acute Care Surgery and burn teams treated and/or evaluated approximately 2,700 patients.
Our practice includes:
- A busy clinical trauma practice with in-house attending coverage.
- A Surgical Critical Care Service providing around-the-clock in-house coverage for an 8-bed ICU.
- Elective general surgery practice.
- Active teaching responsibilities through our general surgery residency program and affiliation with medical schools.
- Advanced Practice Provider support for the teams.
- Participation in community outreach, education, and injury prevention.
- Regional burn center that is separately covered by employed burn surgeons.
- Previous experience as an effective trauma division leader.
- Board certification in general surgery and surgical critical care.
- Active PA state medical license or the ability to obtain an unrestricted medical license in the state of PA.
Apply for Chief of Trauma Surgery
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.