Addiction MD, Outpatient Recovery Services – Methadone Maintenance Opioid Treatment Program
The Behavioral Health Service Line is seeking a part-time Addiction Physician to join our Methadone Maintenance Opioid Treatment Program at Staten Island University Hospital in Brooklyn, New York.
- Assessment and authorization of treatment
- Determination of dose changes
- Oversight of treatment team planning
- Coordinate patients’ progress and treatment plans
- Responsible for dispensing and administering Methadone and Suboxone in accordance with all applicable federal and state regulations
- Working collaboratively with two NPs and other professional staff
- Participate in community and professional education/consultations around medication assisted treatments
The Canarsie Multi Service Center provides Methadone maintenance treatment services to opiate dependent individuals who voluntarily request treatment and meet all applicable regulatory and institutional requirements. At the center, we prioritize and offer services to special populations that include women; pregnant women; mentally ill chemical abusers; medically ill patients; and HIV/AIDS patients. The primary objectives are to reduce and/or eliminate opiate and secondary substance abuse, reduce and/or eliminate criminal activity, reduce behaviors contributing to the spread of infectious diseases, and improve the quality of life by restoration of physical and mental health and functional status. The clinic is accredited by the Joint Commission and all counselors are certified in addiction counseling (CASAC).
- Medical Degree (MD or DO) from accredited institution
- Certification in Addiction Psychiatry or Addiction Medicine
- Current licensure as a physician in the State of New York
- Active Buprenorphine waiver (DATA 2000)
- ACLS or other certification, as required by department. Certification must be obtained within one (1) month of employment.
- Experience with stabilization and withdrawal management and settings
- Addiction Medicine Fellowship
- Experience providing treatment for addiction and co-occurring mental health disorders
- Experience in an addiction rehabilitation environment
- Experience with therapeutic groups (preferably addiction-oriented), therapeutic communities, and inpatient care
Benefits at Northwell Health include:
- Nationally competitive salaries
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Four weeks’ vacation plus paid conference/CME time
- Academic appointment commensurate with experience at the Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell
- Advanced education opportunities
- College Tuition reimbursement for dependent children
Qualified candidates should forward their CV to Victoria DiCanio: Vdicanio@northwell.edu
Northwell Health is New York State’s largest health care provider and private employer, with 23 hospitals, more than 600 outpatient facilities and nearly 15,000 affiliated physicians. We care for over two million people annually in the New York metro area and beyond, thanks to philanthropic support from our communities. Our 66,000 employees – 15,000-plus nurses and 4,000 employed doctors, including members of Northwell Health Physician Partners – are working to change health care for the better. We’re making breakthroughs in medicine at the Feinstein Institute for Medical Research. We're training the next generation of medical professionals at the visionary Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell and the Hofstra Northwell School of Graduate Nursing and Physician Assistant Studies.
Diversity and Health Equity:
Northwell Health is committed to training, supporting and nurturing physicians from all backgrounds. We fully understand that diversity is integral for our institutional excellence and a means to attaining health equity. As a result, our diversity and inclusion efforts are a part of everything we do, from education, to clinical care, to research, to physician well-being. Diversity and inclusion permeates our educational and clinical initiatives. We have set a goal to make sure every one of our physicians receives training on how to deliver high quality, culturally competent care. Our recent educational areas of focus have been on social determinants of health, community engagement and developing a medical-legal partnership for our physicians-in-training. One of our many strengths is our diverse patient population and our expectation is that our diverse patient populations receive equitable care, irrespective of who they are. As a result, we continually recruit a diverse physician workforce to meet the needs of our diverse patients.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Physicians are employed through Northwell Health Physician Partners, one of the largest medical groups in the country.
Apply for Addiction MD, Outpatient Recovery Services – Methadone Maintenance Opioid Treatment Program
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.