Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
Become a beacon of light to our patients and join our exceptional Adult Hospitalist
Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
Luminis Health Anne Arundel Medical Center - Annapolis, Maryland.
NURSE PRACTITIONER MUST BE AN ACUTE NURSE PRACTITIONER /W EXPERIENCE
PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT MUST HAVE 2 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE AS AN ADULT HOSPITALIST
Provides supervised medical services for patients with emphasis on acute/same day care. All duties are in collaboration with contracted physician, services are provided under the rules, regulations, and policies established by the approved job description of the State of Maryland, BPQA, HCFA, AMA, and AAMC.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Provides education and counsel appropriate to the medical needs of the patient.
- Maintains current licensure and continuing medical education credits as required by Maryland State Law.
- Communicates treatment / therapy progress with individuals who have the responsibility or control in patient care intervention.
- Refers patients to appropriate licensed physician or other health care provider as condition or circumstances warrant.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Graduate of an accredited school of medicine.
- Two years’ experience as a PA in an acute care setting required
Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- Licensed as an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- Current Maryland Attestation with the Maryland Board of Nursing
- Nurse Practitioner experience for two years or more preferred
- Licensed as a Physician’s Assistant in the State of Maryland or eligible
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will or will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands -
Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.
Since 1902, we have built upon our legacy as a reliable medical resource for residents of the capital city of Maryland and across four counties, and growing. Anne Arundel Medical Center (non-profit) now serves a regional population of more than one million area residents. We are steadfast in our enduring mission to enhance the health of the people we serve. That means providing:
- PATIENTS with compassionate, high quality services that will help alleviate pain, preserve health, and extend life.
- PHYSICIANS AND OTHER HEALTH PROFESSIONALS with the best resources and patient care services available in the region.
- THE COMMUNITIES we serve with a full continuum of convenient, cost-effective, and accessible services.
- EMPLOYEES with leading-edge clinical, professional, and educational opportunities.
Anne Arundel Medical Center is becoming a distinctive teaching institution with Surgery, Internal Medicine, and OB/GYN residency programs.
A Vision for Tomorrow
While our service area has grown far beyond the boundaries of Annapolis, our vision remains unchanged: living healthier together.
This vision is shared by a forward-looking group of organizations and individuals whose commitment to integrated health care delivery is creating the future for our patients, our physicians, and our communities. We are transforming Anne Arundel Medical Center into "a hospital without walls,” where people are connected by information that helps to improve health, wellness, and overall quality of life.
Baltimore, Washington, D.C., and Beyond
Maryland is a small state, which means that day trips to surrounding areas are plentiful. Annapolis is part of the Baltimore-Washington Metropolitan Area, located in the center of the state. We are just 29 miles east of Washington, D.C., 26 miles south of Baltimore, and an easy train ride to New York City. All of these cities offer famous attractions, professional sports, historic venues, and so much more.
Beyond the metro area, you'll find many outdoor activities to choose from. You can charter a sailboat, take a ferry across the Bay, or ski Wisp Mountain. Hiking, biking, bird watching, kayaking, and horseback riding are also great sources of fun.
There is something for everyone here. We invite you to come and join us!
Please send your CV to the in-house lead physician recruiter: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 443-481-3728
Apply for Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.