Northwell Health Otolaryngology – Director of Head and Neck Oncology and Reconstruction
Northwell Health Otolaryngology is a premier clinical and academic department comprised of hospital-based faculty and a large network of community providers and multidisciplinary caregivers. Northwell Health, New York State’s largest health care provider and private employer, is a dynamic place to practice and maintains a true dedication to its academic mission. We value insights and education from thought-leaders to ensure quality, compassionate care while maintaining a focus on innovation, research, and education.
As we continue to grow and expand, the Department of Otolaryngology at Northwell Health, in conjunction with The Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell, is seeking an outstanding leader to serve as Director of Head and Neck Oncology and Reconstruction. The position is primarily based in the Staten Island region of the Northwell Health System. Commitment to, and interest in academic scholarship and collaborative research initiatives is essential for this position. Academic rank in the Zucker School of Medicine will be commensurate with experience, and candidates will be expected to participate in the training of residents and students.
The successful candidate will ideally possess the following qualifications and experience:
Education and Experience
- MD Degree or equivalent from an accredited College of Medicine.
- Completion of Head and Neck Surgery residency
- Completion of fellowship in Head & Neck Oncologic and Microvascular Reconstructive Surgery.
- Board certification in Otolaryngology.
- Experience in head and neck oncology and microvascular reconstruction appropriate for an academic tertiary care level.
- Experience as a department or division head, preferably in a major medical center or health system.
- Experience teaching residents and medical students.
- Outstanding communication and management skills, and an ability to work collaboratively with medical staff, hospital management, and staff.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to establish credibility quickly, build rapport, and easily interact with clinical and administrative leadership, and physicians and staff at Northwell Health.
- Expertise in the latest evidence-based clinical guidelines and technological advances.
- Genuine enthusiasm for working in an environment of constant change and growth.
- Desire to train the next generation of physicians.
Founded in 1861, Staten Island University Hospital is a 714-bed, specialized teaching hospital located in New York City’s fastest growing borough. Occupying two large campuses, plus a number of community-based health centers, the hospital provides quality care to people on Staten Island, the New York metropolitan region, and to patients from around the world.
Staten Island is the third largest borough in New York City and is home to diverse neighborhoods, parks, natural areas, and cultural attractions. It is right over the bridge from either Brooklyn or New Jersey, Manhattan can be reached via ferry, or in less than 30 minutes via car. “The small town in the Big City” affords suburban living within the confines of the Big Apple; the best of both worlds. Wherever you roam, you will encounter breathtaking views, world class culture and education, and a neighborhood to fit every palate.
This expansion is part of a larger strategy in collaboration with the Northwell Health Cancer Institute’s Center for Head and Neck Oncology. Together, we work towards our mission to empower all populations, to contribute to society via research, and to extend and improve the lives of the patients we seek to serve.
Candidates interested in advancing the clinical and academic productivity and goals of Northwell Health Otolaryngology should send their CV to the Office of Physician Recruitment, Northwell Health: OPR@northwell.edu