Fellowship Program Director, Emergency Medicine
Jiahui International Hospital (www.jiahui.com) is rapidly expanding and seeks a Program Director for a Fellowship in Emergency Medicine. This is rare opportunity to be involved in the development of an Emergency Medicine Fellowship from its inception. The director would be joining an existing team of seven (7) full-time Emergency physicians. Jiahui’s Emergency Department is a new rapidly growing state-of-the-art Emergency Department which serves patients of all ages from both Chinese and International communities in Shanghai.
- Plan and execute the establishment of an Emergency Department Fellowship with assistance of the Chief of Emergency Services.
- Help recruit and train Chinese Doctors in Emergency Medicine in a comprehensive evidence-based practice.
- Establish fellowship clinical rotations and core content, and teaching and assessment materials and methods.
- Work collaboratively with other departments within the hospital as well as partnering with government hospitals to maximize training experience.
- Provide high quality medical care to patients of multicultural backgrounds.
- Diagnose and manage common Emergency cases including acute illnesses and injuries.
- Perform minor surgical procedures.
- Manage dislocations and fractures, non-surgically.
- Stabilize trauma and medically decompensated patients.
- Determine need for specialized medical care and assist in treatment or transfer.
- Work closely with the Department Chief in supporting departmental goals.
- Work on quality improvement activities within the department in collaboration with other physicians and Department Chief.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues, nurses, support staff, administration.
- Doctor of Medicine degree from an approved school of medicine.
- Completion of residency training in Emergency Medicine at a hospital and program approved by the Departmental Chairperson and Chief Medical Officer.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience post-residency in the clinical arena. Administrative and teaching experience required.
- Board Certification (or equivalent) and hold active license in Emergency Medicine.
- Qualification/Certification in American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Advanced Pediatric Life Support (PALS).
- Fluency in spoken and written English required, Mandarin language fluency highly desirable.
- Shanghai Medical license. The hospital will assist in obtaining the necessary licensure.
- Shanghai narcotic license, must take and pass at the earliest available time offered. In the meantime, all narcotic prescriptions will need to be co-signed by a licensed physician.
- Shanghai CDC Rabies Prevention license, must take and pass the licensing exam as soon as it is offered.
- Shanghai antibiotic stewardship license, must take and pass as soon as it’s offered.
- An exceptional chance to live and work in Shanghai and be at the forefront of the future of healthcare in China.
- A unique opportunity to be part of developing an Emergency Medicine Fellowship Program from inception.
- Clinically diverse cases and patients, multicultural patient population.
- Challenges to fulfill your ambition to advance career also to change the world.
- Competitive salary and benefits including, medical insurance, malpractice insurance, Continuing Medical Education (CME) allowance/leave, and paid annual leave.
- Relocation allowance.
Please forward your CV to Lisa Parker, International Physician Recruiter, for consideration: email@example.com