Mental Health Therapist
- Full-time; clinic day schedule
- Masters or doctoral degree in psychology, social work, or health-related field
- Current State of Alaska license as: Psychologist, Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), or Licensed Psychological Associate (LPA), or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)
- Two years' experience providing family or individual therapy
- Strong foundational knowledge of comprehensive mental health issues in both theory and practice
- Knowledge, training, and experience utilizing assessment techniques, and evidence-based interventions for specific populations
Where You'll Work
With 401 beds, more than 1,100 nurses and more than 800 doctors, Providence Alaska Medical Center is the largest and most comprehensive hospital in the state and the only one with a dedicated Children's Hospital. A nationally recognized Level II trauma center, this hospital features heart and cancer centers, Alaska's largest emergency department with LifeMed Alaska air ambulance transport, full diagnostic, rehabilitation and surgical services, and inpatient and outpatient mental health and substance abuse recovery services for adults and children.
Where You'll Live
Anchorage, with 285,000 residents, is a modern American city surrounded by spectacular scenery and endless outdoor recreation opportunities. Within city limits are hundreds of miles of trails for hiking, biking and skiing, a ski resort, golf courses, major dogsled race starts, and several peaks of the hugely popular Chugach Mountains. With shopping malls, world-class restaurants, brewpubs, two universities, a sports arena and a performing arts center, Anchorage blends city living with the wilderness of the great outdoors.
Who You'll Work For
Providence is a nationally recognized, comprehensive health care organization spanning seven states with a universal mission - to provide compassionate care to all who need its services, especially the poor and vulnerable. Its 119,000-plus caregivers/employees serve in 51 hospitals, more than 800 clinics and a comprehensive range of health and social services. Providence: one name, one family, one extraordinary health system.
Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran
Job ID Number: 13753
Apply for Mental Health Therapist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.