Assistant Director - Blood Bank - Pathology - Kings County - Full Time - Brooklyn, NY
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Kings County , located in the heart of Brooklyn, accommodate more than 518,076 outpatient visits, more than 141,328 emergency room visits, and with 627 beds, more than 25,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital maintains a strong academic affiliation with SUNY Downstate Medical Center in order to maintain its high standards of healthcare delivery.
Kings County is located in the East Flatbush/Prospect-Lefferts section of Brooklyn, close to the 2 and 5 subways. Our patients are diverse, with the majority being afro-Caribbean. Most of our patients are native English speakers. Knowledge of French/Haitian Creole is helpful, but not required.
- Will provide leadership to the blood bank laboratory staff
- Responsible for ensuring that the laboratory is enrolled in the appropriate proficiency program
- Expected to write, update, and review laboratory technical procedures, quality control procedures, and instrument preventative maintenance procedures on behalf of the director
- Oversee and coordinate continuing medical education opportunities
- Perform patient specimen processing and clinical testing at workstations where help is needed
- Monitors laboratory work to ensure that medically reliable data is generated
- Monitors time records and rotation of staff
- Evaluates, purchases, validates, and implements new instruments and supplies in consultation with the Blood Bank Director
- Ensures that the laboratory is enrolled in and complies with all requirements of NYS DOH and CAP Proficiency Testing Programs for all laboratory testing preformed
- Must be a New York State licensed Clinical Labratory Technologist
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days and dollars
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center
- Visa candidates are considered
- Medical Malpractice policy coverage
For more information regarding this opportunity, please email your CV to Jaquelyn Morales, Physician Recruiter for PAGNY, at MoralesJ@pagny.org
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Apply for Assistant Director - Blood Bank - Pathology - Kings County - Full Time - Brooklyn, NY
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.