Pediatric Surgeon Opportunity with Kaiser Permanente in Northern California
Amazing Opportunity to Practice in Beautiful Northern California
The Permanente Medical Group, Inc. (TPMG) is one of the largest medical groups in the nation with over 9,000 physicians, 22 medical centers, numerous clinics throughout Northern and Central California, and an over 75-year tradition of providing quality medical care. The Kaiser Permanente Medical Center in Oakland is one of Kaiser Permanente’s three designated pediatric surgical centers serving the Northern California region.
The division of pediatric surgery at the Kaiser Permanente Oakland Medical Center is seeking a fellowship-trained pediatric surgeon to join our team. Our group culture focuses on competence, collegiality, and commitment to the care of pediatric patients. We take care of the entire spectrum of pediatric surgical pathology ranging from the “bread-and-butter” days in clinic and in the OR to complex pediatric surgical conditions. We take care of all Kaiser Permanente members with complex pediatric surgical conditions (neonatal cases, oncology etc.) in our designated region.
- Mid-Career surgeon with 3 to 5 years of experience (preferable)
- Full spectrum pediatric surgery, with no sub-specialization within the practice
- No ECMO, transplant, burn, trauma
Call is currently Q3 with the goal of call being Q4 once hiring is completed. Two excellent pediatric surgery PA’s as well as a robust in-house Pediatric HBS team allow us, as pediatric surgeons, to focus on the work we were trained to do. Work will be based in Oakland, CA with no expectation to cover multiple hospitals. Oakland is one of 3 Pediatric Tertiary Care Medical Centers in Northern California for Kaiser Permanente that offers full spectrum Pediatric services.
- A culture based on collegiality and fair sharing of the workload
- Options for research and a substantial database for outcomes research
- We are a physician-led organization – career growth and leadership opportunities
- Multi-specialty collaboration and integration
- Mission driven, patient-centered care with one of the largest progressive medical groups in the nation!
- Shareholder track
- Moving allowance
- Comprehensive medical and dental
- Home loan assistance up to $200,000 (approval required)
- Malpractice and tail insurance
- Three retirement plans, including pension
- Paid holidays, sick leave, education leave (with generous stipend)
To learn more about this opportunity and to apply, please visit: https://tpmg.permanente.org/.
For more information on our program and practice opportunities, please email your CV to:
Victor.R.Ramirez@kp.org or 510-625-6281.
We are an EEO/AA/F/D/V Employer. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Connect With Us: