St. Luke’s University Health Network, Chair of Orthopedics
St. Luke’s University Health Network is currently accepting applications
for the position of the Chair of Orthopedics
Nationally recognized St. Luke’s University Health Network, the region’s largest and most established health system, is seeking an experienced, driven, and collaborative physician to provide strategic vision, leadership and accountability for all aspects of the Orthopedics Service Line, including quality, growth, and clinical effectiveness. St. Luke’s has recently been ranked as the #1 teaching hospital in the nation by Watson Health, is a recipient of the prestigious 15 Top Health Systems award and is recognized as a 100 Top Hospital for the ninth time.
St. Luke’s is looking for a Chair who demonstrates exemplary clinical skills and has excellent leadership abilities. The Chairman of Orthopedics will build upon a growing and dynamic department that has a strong presence throughout the Network. You should have an aptitude for mentoring and staff/provider development, with the ability to develop trust and work cooperatively in a diverse environment.
Candidates must be a physician who is Board-Certified in their subspecialty with an MD or DO and be able to demonstrate clinical, administrative and educational leadership. In addition, candidates must have:
- A minimum of 10 years of clinical experience with at least five years in a well-developed leadership role
- An interest in maintaining an active clinical practice, engaging in clinical research and trials, and teaching at our #1 nationally ranked teaching hospital
- A proven track record demonstrating professional excellence in leadership, research, patient care, administration, and education
- The ability to lead others in a dynamic and growth-oriented organization that strives for excellence in all areas of operation.
- Outstanding communication, relationship building, and mentorship skills.
Orthopedic Service Line Highlights
- 28 Orthopedic surgeons with 25 APs across 17 locations
- Subspecialties include Spine, Sports, Hand & Wrist, Adult Joint Reconstruction, Pediatrics, Foot & Ankle, and Ortho Trauma
- Leadership/oversight responsibilities are inclusive of additional musculoskeletal services lines such as Primary Care Sports Medicine, Rheumatology, Spine & Pain, and Podiatry
- Orthopedic Residency Program
- 70+ Sports Medicine School District/College Partners
- High volume practices with strong market share
- Opportunity to enhance strategic initiatives and expand services.
In joining St. Luke’s University Health Network, you will enjoy:
- The opportunity to lead a progressive, well-trained team of physicians
- Work in an academic environment with faculty appointment to Temple University School of Medicine
- Exceptional compensation package with relocation assistance
- Rich benefits package including malpractice, health insurance, CME allowance, and retirement benefits
- Team-based care with well-educated, dedicated support staff
- A culture in which innovation is highly valued
Please review our Provider Recruitment Brochure here.
About St. Luke’s University Health Network
Founded in 1872, St. Luke’s University Health Network (SLUHN) is a fully integrated, regional, non-profit network of more than 16,000 employees providing services at 12 hospitals and 300+ outpatient sites. With annual net revenue greater than $2 billion, the Network’s service area includes 11 counties: Lehigh, Northampton, Berks, Bucks, Carbon, Montgomery, Monroe, Schuylkill, and Luzerne counties in Pennsylvania and Warren and Hunterdon counties in New Jersey.
Learn more about the Lehigh Valley & Surrounding Areas – visit: discoverlehighvalley.com
If you are interested in learning more about this position, please send your CV and Cover Letter to:
Drea Rosko, Sr. Physician Recruiter
Apply for St. Luke’s University Health Network, Chair of Orthopedics
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.