Physician ( Nephrology)
This position is located at WOMACK Army Medical Center, Fort Bragg NC.
This is an employed civilian Physician (Nephrology) position that affords job security, a competitive salary, bonuses, moving expenses, full malpractice coverage, student loan repayment, up to 26 days paid vacation, 10 days paid Federal Holidays, a sick leave benefit, CME opportunities, and a first-class health and retirement benefit package. We are seeking ordinary people with extraordinary hearts to care for the men and women who wear and have worn the uniform and their families.
Named after Medal of Honor recipient, PFC Bryant H. Womack, we are a fully accredited 110-bed, evidenced-based regional medical center and GME facility serving Fort Bragg, the home of Airborne and Special Operations and the largest U.S. Army installation in the world. We manage several outstanding Primary Care practice sites located in Fort Bragg, Fayetteville, Hope Mills, and Linden Oaks.
Womack is located in Fayetteville, Fort Bragg which is 2 hours from the beach and 5 hours from the Appalachian Mountains with easy access to I-95 and all points north and south. This central North Carolina location enjoys seasonably palatable weather year-round. Many facilities and services are offered such as first class golfing venues and renowned universities, a skeet range, riding stables, ice skating rink, state-of-the-art fitness centers, daycare, star-quality dining, full service banking, convenience shop, barbershop, and florist.
Fayetteville, NC: http://fayetteville.northcarolina.com/
Womack Army Medical Center: https://tricare.mil/mtf/womack
As a Nehphrologist you will:
- Provide inpatient and outpatient nephrology consultation services.
- Perform a wide range of duties to include management of acute and chronic dialysis, therapeutic plasma exchanges, management of complex metabolic problems and the diagnosis and treatment of complex pathologic physiologies.
- Perform procedures such as renal biopsies, placement of central venous access for acute hemodialysis, urine microscopies, supervision of dialysis treatments and therapeutic plasma exchanges treatments.
- Serve as the subject matter expert and consultant, with regard to the specialized field of the nephrology to local and regional military treatment facility healthcare providers and operations.
- Provide advice and consultation with other expert physicians on the diagnoses and treatment of patients, especially in the area of Internal Medicine/Nephrology, often with use of telemedicine.
- Guide, instruct, and train trainees in the medical and allied health education programs.
- Serve as attending staff physician on the inpatient medicine ward service with duties that include performing advanced examinations, diagnosis, and treatment of general inpatient medicine service.
US Citizenship required
Must possess a current, active, full, and unrestricted license or registration as a Physician from a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
Apply for Physician ( Nephrology)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.