West Islip, NY * Full Time
Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center
West Islip, New York
Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center is a 537-bed teaching hospital and a member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island. Located approximately 40 miles from the heart of New York City, in West Islip, Long Island New York, it is surrounded by a rich culture and history offering a diverse palette of attractions and points of interests. Children benefit from some of the best school districts and recreational activities.
Good Samaritan with almost 900 physicians on staff, and a level 2 pediatric trauma center cares for nearly 950,000 patients annually across the south shore of Long Island. We offer Suffolk County’s only free-standing Center for Pediatric Specialty Care and provide services for the smallest patients through our Level III Neonatology Unit through adulthood. We also include a separate and designated Pediatric Emergency Department staffed 24/7 by physicians specially trained in pediatric emergency medicine.
- Evaluating and managing infants, children, and adolescents with a variety of Endocrinology concerns
- Supervising, overseeing, and teaching medical students, interns, and residents rotating through the department and division.
- Maintaining high standards and quality of care to the patients cared for
- Promoting high quality, cost effective care, based on the best medical evidence
- Participating in data collection to assess patient care and satisfaction studies
- Making best efforts to keep current with developments in pediatrics, medical management, and related areas through CME programs, medical literature review, and medical staff conferences
Qualified candidates are those that are trained in Pediatric Endocrinology and Board Certified or Eligible in Emdocrinology. A NYS Physician’s license is required.
We offer a competitive salary, dynamic work environment, and comprehensive benefits package. For consideration, please e-mail your CV and contact information to Gail Still at: email@example.com.