Medical Oncology Physician – Vassar Brothers Medical Center, Poughkeepsie, NY (75 mins North of NYC)
Vassar Brothers Medical Center, located in Poughkeepsie, New York, just 75 minutes north of New York City, is seeking additional Medical Oncologist to join its employed and growing division. Our model of care is multi-disciplinary and integrated and working in the direction of disease site specific. In collaboration with Surgical and Radiation Oncologists, we are developing a cohesive team of medical oncologists and allied health providers that will function in a comprehensive and integrated model of care.
Vassar Brothers Medical Center provides our hospital systems and multispecialty practice with tertiary oncology services and is accredited by The American College of Surgeons as a Comprehensive Community Cancer Program. We are a rapidly growing program, currently seeing approximately 1,800 analytic cancer cases yearly. Vassar has many of the key elements of a comprehensive oncology service line in place, including state-of-the-art radiation oncology and Surgical specialty services in Breast, Thoracic, Gastrointestinal, Gynecologic, genitourinary oncology, and Hepatobiliary Surgery. Our nurses are all oncology certified. Genetic counseling and screening are available on site. There is ample opportunity to pursue research and clinical trials.
- Beautiful suburban location with easy train access to New York City
- Employed position with a highly competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits
- Generous allowances for CMEs, dues, and relocation assistance
- Collegial environment with excellent work life balance
- Growing hospital system with ACGME-accredited residencies
- State-of-the-art patient pavilions
- Located on the banks of the scenic Hudson River, Vassar Brothers Medical Center has a brand new 696,000-square-foot, eight-level inpatient pavilion with 264 private medical/surgical patient rooms and 30 critical care rooms. Vassar provides the leading acute and critical emergency care in the region, recently adding Level II Trauma Service and Interventional Neuroradiology. Vassar has established centers of excellence in cardiac services, cancer care, and women and childrens health services. Vassar is consistently ranked as one of the strongest cardiac programs in the United States and one of the Top 100 Heart Hospitals by Modern HealthCare Magazine.
The Hudson Valley of New York boasts a terrific quality of life. From hiking, biking, and boating, to cafes, art galleries, and local farmers markets, this beautiful suburban location offers endless ways to spend your leisure time. Excellent housing and outstanding schools can be found throughout the region. The Mid-Hudson Valley is also home to many fine colleges and universities, including Vassar College, Bard College, Marist College, SUNY New Paltz, and the Culinary Institute of America. Only 75 minutes north of New York City, the area offers easy commuter access to the city via Metro North and Amtrak rail lines. Our vibrant cities and picturesque villages interweave culture, history and recreation in one of the country's most livable locations.
Vassar Brothers Medical Center is now part of Nuvance Health. Nuvance Health serves 1.5 million residents across New York and Connecticut and includes more than 2,600 aligned physicians, 12,000 employees, seven hospitals (Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Northern Dutchess Hospital, Norwalk Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center, Sharon Hospital and Vassar Brothers Medical Center), a large network of primary care and specialty practices, and multiple affiliated organizations
All inquires are strictly confidential.
We are a Section 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization and therefore eligible employees may qualify for forgiveness of certain federal student loans under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
EOE, including disability/vets.
Apply for Medical Oncology Physician – Vassar Brothers Medical Center, Poughkeepsie, NY (75 mins North of NYC)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.