Director of PES - Psychiatry Emergency Services
The psychiatric emergency service [PES] has an opening for a Director . We are seeking a Board Certified psychiatrist, preferably with clinical and teaching experience. We provide opportunities for leadership/ teaching/learning with an ideal mix of academics and clinical service.
- Direct supervision of attending psychiatrists, Psychologists, Social Workers and psychiatric PA staff.
- Overseeing the delivery of high quality, evidence-based care and directly working with leaders in the other areas of the department including both in-patient and ambulatory programs, as well as the Emergency Medicine Department.
- Assuming an important role in Patient Safety and Clinical Effectiveness.
- Providing leadership in undergraduate medical education including active participation in the clinical and didactic teaching of medical students, PA students, Psychology Interns and Social Work students.
- Incident review management and participation in departmental IR meetings.
- Reviewing/revising guidelines for standards of care ensuring that the PES meets the DOH, CMS, Joint Commission and OMH standards and regulations.
- Providing leadership for all tours.
- Eligible for license in the state of NY.
- ABMS Board Certification
- 5+ years' experience working in a PES or CPEP environment is preferred.
- Leadership experience preferred.
We provide opportunities for leadership/ teaching/learning with an ideal mix of academics and clinical service. You will also enjoy a comfortable and cordial work environment, and receive a highly competitive salary and benefits package.
Apply for Director of PES - Psychiatry Emergency Services
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.