- Provide psychiatric care, including admission evaluations, follow-ups, and urgent and emergent consultations to individuals enrolled in the mental health service.
- Provide consultation to non-prescribing mental health staff and medical staff about diagnosis, treatment and/or the need for psychiatric medication
- Participate in team meetings with the treatment staff, on a daily basis if working on a mental observation unit and on a weekly basis if working in one of the clinics
- Regularly participates in the creation of individual treatment plans for patients, and reviews plans already in place
- Evaluates patients for the need for a higher level of care, including hospitalization. If a patient is hospitalized, maintain contact with the hospital psychiatric staff to ensure comtinuity of care
- Document all activities in the electronic medical record in a timely, concise and clear manner
- Provide clinical supervision as needed for psychiatric nurse practitioners and physician assistants
- Engage in weekly clinical supervision with psychiatric leadership
- Provide clinical supervision for Psychiatric traineeds (resident or fellow) as needed, including appropriate direct supervision and documentation of evaluation and feedback
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Psychiatrist or Mental Health Manager for the facility, Medical Director or Chief of Service for Psychiatry, or their respective designees
- Doctor of Medicine degree
- New York State license to practice medicine, in good standing
- Completion of a 4 year accredited Psychiatric Residency program
- Board-certified or board eligible in Psychiatry by the ABPN
- At least 2 years' experiene taking care of individuals with serious mental illness in an institutional setting
Apply for Psychiatrist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.