Medical Director of Internal Medicine
The Medical Director of Internal Medicine provides physician leadership for the Intermountain Medical Group internal medicine and geriatric medicine physicians, advanced practice providers, and clinics. The Medical Director is responsible for defining and setting standards in safety, quality, patient experience, equity, access, and stewardship in the internal and geriatric medicine clinics and is accountable for the successful implementation of those standards. The Medical Director is also responsible for assisting in the development, implementation, and support of the Intermountain Medical Group's strategic direction.
To ensure patient focus and clinical skills are maintained, the Medical Director will also have opportunity to provide direct patient care in one of our internal medicine clinics in the Salt Lake, Utah area.
•\tPhysician leader in internal and geriatric medicine at Intermountain Healthcare
•\tSupports 15 clinics throughout Utah and Idaho, requiring some travel
•\tOversight of 85 physicians and 30 advanced practice providers
•\tTime spent will be approximately 60% Administrative, 40% Direct patient care
A successful medical director will be a mission-driven, caring thought leader, passionate about ensuring the physician's voice is heard in all areas affecting their work and patient care. The medical director will preferably have leadership experience in a multi-clinic practice, exhibit a continuous improvement mindset, and an interest in improving population health.
A comprehensive benefits package, including relocation assistance and performance incentives, will be available.
- Demonstrates leadership and credibility that earns the trust and respect of the physician and caregiver community.
- Works with physician, nursing, and operations leaders to advance Intermountain Healthcare's and Intermountain Medical Group's capabilities in each Fundamental of Extraordinary Care: Safety, Quality, Patient Experience, Equity, Access, and Stewardship.
- Supports the development and implementation of Quality Improvement initiatives.
- Assists in the development and implementation of value based primary care.
- Provides physician leadership for the Medical Group's participation in the Intermountain Accountable Care Organization.
- Helps promote and implement successful technology strategies within the Medical Group, including active participation on committees, involvement in priority stratification and determination of resource allocation.
- Assists in development of strategies for physician and advanced practice providers (APP) recruitment.
- Recruits and retains mission and value aligned physicians and advanced practice providers for Intermountain Medical Group.
- With other physician leaders, advances professional development, resiliency, engagement, and alignment of all caregivers.
- As invited, actively and effectively participates in Medical Group and Intermountain Healthcare committees and teams.
- Supports development and maintenance of a clinical structure which delivers high quality health care as measured by adherence to the Fundamentals of Extraordinary Care.
- Exemplifies values of Intermountain Healthcare in daily work.
- Provides oversight for and meets regularly with the physician leaders that directly report to this position.
- Works collaboratively with groups and individuals that are a part of the Intermountain clinically integrated network.
- M.D. or D.O Education must be obtained through an accredited institution. Degree will be verified.
- Board certified in Internal Medicine.
- Active Utah Medical Licensure, or ability to obtain prior to hire.
- Three (3) years of successful medical leadership experience.
- Basic Life Support for healthcare workers
- Extensive medical practice experience and excellent leadership skills.
- Sound understanding of modern health care economics and knowledge of financial principles.
- Demonstrated commitment to the Fundamentals of Extraordinary Care; Safety, Quality, Patient Experience, Equity, Access, and Stewardship.
Key Bank Tower
Salt Lake City
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Apply for Medical Director of Internal Medicine
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.