Evans Army Community Hospital is seeking HOSPITALISTS to meet the medical needs of our growing military and civilian population at Fort Carson, Colorado.
Competitive salaries, generous benefits package, to include retirement and matched 401K programs, health/life/disability insurance, federal malpractice coverage, CME allowance, and an opportunity for professional growth are all part of this unique employment opportunity.
A recruitment or relocation bonus may be authorized.
This position supports the Department of Medicine at Evans Army Community Hospital located in Fort Carson (Colorado Springs), CO. Incumbent will serve as a traditional Internal Medicine Physician serving as the Subject Matter Expert for complex medical cases while managing patient care in an inpatient and outpatient clinical setting. Board Certified Internist is desired.
- Serves as the primary care manager for a complex patient panel.
- Manage critically ill patients of all types, such as cardiology, gastroenterology, neurology, and internal medicine.
- Apply clinical expertise to the diagnosis, treatment, and care of both inpatient and outpatients.
- Respond to codes and primary ICU management with the support of a Pulmonologist
- Exercise full professional responsibility for planning, developing, defining and implementing plans of care.
- Serve as adjunct faculty and preceptor for medical students in both the clinic and hospitalist service.
- Mentor and teach medical students.
- Degree: Doctor of Medicine, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, or equivalent from a school in the United States or Canada. This degree must have been accredited by the Council on Medical Education of the American Medical Association; Association of American Medical Colleges; Liaison Committee on Medical Education; Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation of the American Osteopathic Association, or an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education at the time the degree was obtained. A Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school must have provided education and medical knowledge equivalent to accredited schools in the United States. Evidence of equivalency to accredited schools in the United States is demonstrated by permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates, a fifth pathway certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduate education in a foreign country, or successful completion of the U.S. Medical Licensing Examination.
Apply for Physician (Hospitalist)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.