Hematology & Oncology Physician | American Health Network - New Albany, IN
- Prescribe or administer treatment, therapy, medication, vaccination and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease or injury
- Order, perform and interpret tests and analyze records, reports and examination information to diagnose patients' condition
- Collect, record and maintain patient information such as medical history, family medical history, reports and examination results
- Monitor patients' conditions and progress through scheduling regular follow-up visits, lab or other test results
- Explain procedures and discuss test results or prescribed treatments with the patient
- Advise patients concerning diet, activity, hygiene and disease prevention
- Refer patients to medical specialist or other practitioners as necessary
- Coordinates work with nurses, social workers, rehabilitation specialist, pharmacists, psychologist, and other health care providers
- Directs and coordinates activities of clinical staff involved in the patients' care along with the cooperation and input of practice management
- Provides professional services to current patients of the practice, or to those who are referred to the practice
- Coordinates with physician partners to provide "on call" coverage as needed; provides coverage during evenings, weekends, holidays and vacations
What makes an Optum organization different?
- Providers are supported to practice at the peak of their license
- We recognize that if you want to provide good care and do it well, you can't do it alone - this is the foundation of the team-based care model
- The culture is one of clinical innovation and transformation
- We are influencing change on a national scale while still maintaining the culture and community of our local care organizations
Compensation & Benefits Highlights:
- Compensation based on quality, not quantity
- Dedicated CME Time & Allowance
- Excellent PTO package
- Robust retirement package including employer funded contributions
- Company paid malpractice insurance and tail coverage
- Physician partnership opportunities with Optum
About American Health Network:
At American Health Network, transforming the delivery of health care across our region is our passion. Founded in 1994, we are an established multi-specialty, physician-led, integrated healthcare delivery system with 300 providers that care for over 325,000 patients throughout our 70 locations. We offer a full range of outpatient primary care and over 25 different specialties including comprehensive radiology services and urgent care. American Health Network is also committed to the provider experience and understand that the best path to better patient care is by ensuring that providers and staff are happy, engaged and productive.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Optum is a drug-free workplace. © 2019 Optum Health & Technology. All rights reserved.
- Unrestricted licensure in the state of (Indiana/Kentucky) or has (Indiana/Kentucky) application in process
- Board Certified or board eligibility in Hematology and/or Oncology
- Active and unrestricted DEA License or ability to obtain prior to start
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
The OptumCare Story:
At Optum, we've found that putting clinicians at the center of care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations in the world, serving over 14 million people through more than 38,000 aligned physicians and 9,000 advanced practice clinicians. You will find our team working in local clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change through collaboration and innovation. Learn more about our journey at www.workatoptum.com.
Would you thrive with Optum?
- Do you practice evidence-based medicine?
- Are you seeking a practice focused on patient-centered quality care, not volume?
- Are you a team player - comfortable delegating and empowering teams?
- Are you constantly seeking better ways to do things?
- Do you want to be part of something better?
Apply for Hematology & Oncology Physician | American Health Network - New Albany, IN
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.