This position is located at the US Army Medical Department Activity, Kimbrough Ambulatory Care Center, Behavioral Health, Fort Meade, Maryland.
This is a civilian Physician (Psychiatry) position that affords job security, a competitive salary, bonuses, moving expenses, full malpractice coverage, 13-26 days paid vacation, 10 days paid Federal Holidays, a sick leave benefit and a first-class health and retirement benefit package. We are seeking ordinary people with extraordinary hearts to care for the men and women who wear and have worn the uniform and their families.
Fort Meade is conveniently located between two major cities, Baltimore and Washington D.C., and approximately 11 minutes from the Baltimore/Washington International Airport. Fort George G. Meade is a hub for the joint services, Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marines and Navy. In addition to the many recreational activities available on Fort Meade, the region itself is full of interesting places to visit. You can tour the historical sites of Annapolis; visit the White House in Washington, D.C.; or attend a football, basketball or baseball game with one of the many professional and college teams in the Maryland, D.C., and Northern Virginia areas.
Medical malpractice liability insurance is not required for federal civilian healthcare providers as they are covered by the Federal Tort Claims Act (28 U.S.C. § 1346(b)) while acting within the scope of their employment.
A recruitment or relocation bonus may be authorized.
Scope of services include, but are not limited to;
- Providing treatment services in any capacity including, but not limited to, examining, diagnosing and treating diseases affecting mental health including the brain, nervous system, substance abuse of drugs or chemicals and personality disturbances.
- Specializing in treating mental illness using the biomedical approach to mental disorders, including psychotherapies.
- Providing treatment services in any capacity including, but not limited to, assessment, medication management and disposition of psychiatric patients including making arrangements for hospitalization if needed.
- Providing routine, intensive, complex and emergency intakes and extended evaluations for a variety of emotional, psychological, and behavioral disorders.
- Providing continuing follow-up care for chronic patients with acute disorders and complications of these disorders, such as psychosis, organic brain syndrome, substance abuse/addictions, etc.
- Perform initial patient work-up to assess patient care and/or treatment.
- Discriminate between abnormal and normal findings to recognize early stages of physical, emotional, and/or mental problems.
- Completes required records (both paper and electronic) pertaining to all medical services provided in accordance with specified procedures and regulations.
- Exercises independent judgment with full responsibility for professional diagnosis, treatment, referral and disposition of patients, IAW Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
- Ensures the highest standards of professional practice and ethics are maintained.
Must Haves: These requirements are necessary,
- In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
- Degree: Doctor of Medicine from a school in the United States or Canada approved by a recognized accrediting body in the year of the applicants graduation. [A Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school that provided education and medical knowledge substantially equivalent to accredited schools in the United States may be demonstrated by permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) (or a fifth pathway certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduate education in a foreign country).
- Graduate Training: Subsequent to obtaining a Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy degree, a candidate must have had at least 1 year of supervised experience providing direct service in a clinical setting, i.e., a 1-year internship or the first year of a residency program in an institution accredited for such training.
- Certification: Candidates must have a permanent, full, and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
- Experience required: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least 5 years of residency training in the specialty of the position to be filled or equivalent experience and training in the specialty of Psychiatry. This required Psychiatry experience/training includes skills such as, but not limited to, a wide range of extremely difficult and responsible dealings with inpatient service, partial hospitalization service, intensive outpatient services, routine outpatient services, consultation liaison services and must be well-versed to transition to any area as required.
NOTE: Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
- Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. You must include this information with your application package.
- Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute for experience.
- For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- These positions require a Childcare Background Check (CNACI).
- These positions are a Testing Designated Positions (TDP) subject to applicant testing and random drug testing. Tentatively selected applicants will be required to sign DA Form 5019 requiring participation in random drug urinalysis testing. A job offer to an applicant who is a not a current employee will be withdrawn if the applicant refuses to be tested. Applicants with verified positive test results shall be refused employment. Applications from such individuals shall not be considered for employment for a period of 6 months from the date of the test results.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- These positions are subject to annual seasonal influenza vaccinations. Applicants tentatively selected for appointment to this position will be required to sign a statement (Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption.
- A pre-placement physical examination may be required.
- Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position.
- This announcement may be used to fill Supervisory positions. A one year supervisory probationary/trial period may be required.
- Must possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) Training and certification that is sponsored or endorsed by the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Current Advanced Life Support or other advanced certification does not supersede BLS completion.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
Apply for Physician (Psychiatrist)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.