UW HEALTH URGENT CARE CENTERS AND UW HEALTH HEALTHLINE – MEDICAL DIRECTOR
The University of Wisconsin Department of Family Medicine and Community Health seeks a physician to serve as the Medical Director for the UW Health Urgent Care Clinics and UW Health Healthline. This physician will also provide clinical care for patients at the UW Health Urgent Care centers in Madison, WI, as well as clinical teaching of medical students and other learners.
Breakdown of Responsibilities:
40% Medical Director Duties:
The Medical Director, in partnership with the Urgent Care APP Supervisor and the managers of Urgent Care and Healthline, is responsible for all day-to-day clinical operations of the UW Health Urgent Care Clinics and physician oversight of UW Health Healthline.
60% Clinical Duties:
Provide clinical care for patients at the UW Health Urgent Care Centers, and may fill in at other UW Health clinic locations as needed. Teaching in the context of provision of clinical care.
Two Locations within Madison:
- Union Corners: 2402 Winnebago St, Madison, WI
- West Towne: 7102 Mineral Point Rd, Madison, WI
The preferred candidate will either have experience teaching and working with a diverse population or will welcome a commitment to teaching and working with a diverse population.
Degree and area of specialization:
- MD or DO
- Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, or Emergency Medicine.
- Must have successfully completed a fully accredited residency program.
License or Certificate:
- Wisconsin medical license is required prior to start date.
- Board Certification by or eligible for certification by American Board of Family Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine, American Board of Pediatrics or American Board of Emergency Medicine.
Salary/Benefits: Competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Community: Madison, Wisconsin (population 255,000), the vibrant capital of Wisconsin and home of the University of Wisconsin, and the many picturesque surrounding towns, has the best of all worlds: natural beauty and outdoor recreation, stimulating cultural offerings, distinctive restaurants and shops, and an irreverent spirit of fun. Built on an isthmus between lakes Monona and Mendota, Madison is renowned for its beautiful scenery. A total of five area lakes and more than 260 city parks create the perfect setting for an abundance of year-round outdoor activities, from hiking, biking, swimming and sailing along with cross-country skiing, snow sailing, and ice fishing. Urban culture, natural beauty, small town charm – the greater Madison area offers it all!
- Meet Madison Video Link
- Visit Madison Video Link
- Madison #1 Ranking in 2019 Best Places To Raise a Family
- Madison #3 Ranking in 2019 Top 100 Best Places to Live
- Nat Geo Travel names Madison one of the country’s best small cities
- Fastest Growing Cities in Wisconsin
- Destination Madison City Rankings
- Madison #1 Ranking 2020 Cities with the Best Work-Life Balance
Open Position Link:
- Apply Here:
For additional information, please contact:
Sheena Frydrych, Physician Recruiter
The UW-Madison is an EO/AA employer, women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Wisconsin caregiver and open records laws apply. A background check will be conducted prior to employment.