Board Certified and Experienced Cardiothoracic Surgeon
Cardiothoracic Surgery at SSM Health Dean Medical Group
St. Mary’s Hospital, Madison, WI
SSM Health-Dean Medical Group, a 500-physician multispecialty group, is actively recruiting for a Board Certified and experienced Cardiothoracic Surgeon. The practice is based on the campus of SSM-St. Mary’s Hospital in Madison.
- Become part of a well-established Cardiothoracic Surgery team consisting of two surgeons, five physician assistants, and two nurse practitioners. The practice currently maintains an operative volume of approximately 470 open cardiac cases and 100 thoracic cases, with growth expected in both areas as a result of system expansion.
- The ideal candidate will have skills and expertise in all aspects of current cardiac surgery, including CABG, aortic valve and root surgery, mitral valve repair and replacement, and thoracic aortic surgery; catheter skills necessary for both our active TAVR program and TEVAR are highly desired. The ideal candidate will also have skills and expertise in General Thoracic surgery, including VATS and/or robotic surgery.
- Weekday and weekend call of 1:3
- Support by a dedicated, fellowship-trained CV Anesthesia team
- 24/7 Physician support from Intensivists for patients in the ICU
- Practice offers an excellent work/life balance
- Operative practice at one hospital, with potential for outreach clinic activities
- SSM-St. Mary's Hospital, a 440-bed tertiary care and referral center, is an award-winning facility and has been serving South Central Wisconsin since 1912
- St. Mary's Hospital and Dean Medical Group are part of SSM Health, an integrated health system that has facilities in Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri, and Oklahoma.
- SSM-St. Mary’s Hospital is the referral hospital for the 7-hospital SSM Wisconsin Region. Our Wisconsin Region also counts four additional affiliate hospitals in our network
- SSM Health-St. Mary's Hospital was named among the nation's 100 Top Hospitals® for 2018 by IBM Watson HealthTM. which spotlights the best-performing hospitals in the U.S. based on clinical, operational, and patient satisfaction metrics and data
- SSM-St. Mary’s Hospital is currently elevating its Trauma Program to an ACS Level II Trauma Center
- Madison, WI, population 252,000, is home to both the University of Wisconsin and is the state capital, and as such is a vibrant community. It consistently ranks as one of the top places in the country to live, work, go to school, play, and raise a family
- Madison was recently named as the most livable mid-size city in the United States by Livability.com
For more information, contact:
Mike Dahlke, Sr. Physician & Provider Recruiter
Phone: 608.294.6250 Cell: 262.470.8201
SSM Health is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.