ABDOMINAL FACULTY POSITION - BODY MRI RADIOLOGIST
The Department of Medical Imaging is seeking a fellowship-trained radiologist to join the Division of Abdominal Imaging. Appointment rank is commensurate with experience. We are seeking intellectually curious, team-oriented candidates who are excellent clinical Abdominal/Body Imaging specialists and enthusiastic educators.
Prospective candidates, Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or full Professor will have an MD or DO degree, ABR Board certification in Diagnostic Radiology, and fellowship training in Abdominal Imaging. The candidate will be eligible for licensure in the State of Arizona.
The ideal applicant will have expertise in all aspects, including advanced applications of Abdominal/Body Imaging (including Body MRI, CT, ultrasonography, and fluoroscopy). She or he will imbue growth-oriented and customer-focused mindsets along with a sense of stewardship to the Department of Medical Imaging, Banner University Health, and the University of Arizona College of Medicine. Candidates should possess experience and passion in caring for Abdominal Imaging patients, teaching, and supervising medical students, residents, and fellows, and the ability to work cooperatively and collegially within a diverse environment. Fundamental to the position is the ability to deliver outstanding collaborative patient care.
- Contribute to a strong academic division that provides comprehensive clinical service with a spirit of innovation as an engine for growth, value, and service
- Participate in weekday clinical work and weekday/weekend call coverage while ensuring the delivery of timely, high-quality clinical care
- Collaboration with colleagues to improve service and quality for the betterment of our patients
- Provide instruction for the Residency, Fellowship, and Medical Student educational programs by preparing and administering lectures and reviewing cases
- Participate in interdisciplinary conferences, conferring with other services concerning issues affecting Medical Imaging
- Support innovative research and serve as a willing collaborator with clinical and translational researchers
Division of Abdominal Imaging:
- Expert imaging (CT/MR/US/fluoroscopy) of body organ systems and post-interventional therapy imaging for abdominal and pelvic disease
- Trauma and ED imaging for Level 1 Trauma center
- Comprehensive oncologic imaging for patients receiving care at NCI-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Body MR imaging provides the foundation of excellent clinical service Advanced MRI, using functional imaging and imaging biomarkers for quality care supporting growth of medical and surgical oncology and transplant services.
- Improved technology for motion-resistant fast MR protocols for ED service with quick turnaround time and high throughput.
- CT colonography service for colon cancer screening
- Dual-energy CT applications in abdominal imaging, particularly urology imaging
- Ultrasound shear wave imaging for abdominal organs and small parts
- University of Arizona Cancer Center
- Emergency Medicine
- Division of Trauma Surgery
- Division of Surgical Oncology
- Department of Surgery and Hepatopancreaticobiliary Program
- Abdominal Transplant Surgery Services
- Department of Urology
- Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Division of Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery
- Vascular Surgery Team
- Department of Radiation Oncology
- Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology
The Department of Medical Imaging is one of 17 clinical departments in the UArizona College of Medicine – Tucson that provides medical care through Banner University Health. The clinical caseload serves as an excellent resource for our training programs, which includes both Diagnostic Radiology and Interventional Radiology Residencies, Medical Student Course Electives, and multiple accredited fellowship training programs. Medical Imaging supports an Abdominal Fellowship Program approved for two candidates.
Medical Imaging serves the two main hospitals, Banner University Medical Center – Tucson, BUMC-T (479 licensed beds) and Banner University Medical Center – South, BUMC-S (150 licensed beds), and the Diamond Children’s Medical Center, as well as two outpatient centers: Banner University Medicine-North, BUMC-N, and the Advanced Breast Imaging Center, ABIC.
Banner – University Medical Center Tucson opened its new nine-story, $446 million hospital tower (Tower 1) on April 22, 2019. The 670,000-square-foot teaching hospital features 228 private rooms, 20 new operating rooms, new diagnostic imaging, and cardiac catheterization labs. Tower 1 offers two 1.5T scanners and one 3T MR. BUMC-South offers a 1.5T scanner. Additionally, two 3T MR scanners are located at BUMC-North.
Abdominal imaging is offered at all 3 Tucson locations: BUMC-T, BUMC-S and BUMC-N. CT scanners include two Toshiba Aquilion CT scanners, two Siemens Definition AS CT scanners, a Siemens Flash, a Siemens Edge, and a GE Revolution HD CT scanner.
Our Banner Health Total Compensation package includes:
- Relocation, Sign-On Incentives, and Loan Repayment Programs available
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and pharmacy plans
- Qualified tuition reduction available for dependents at Arizona universities
- Paid malpractice and CME with allowance
- Eligible for benefits coverage within 30 days
- Retirement package of 401(k) with matching and 457(b) deferred compensation plan
Warm weather, 286+ days of sunshine, and picturesque mountains in every direction are a few of the attributes that make Tucson, Arizona a grand destination. Offering the authentic feel of the Southwest, Tucson is a metropolis rich in culture and outdoor activities such as hiking and mountain biking at Sabino Canyon and Mount Lemmon.
Friendly people contribute to the small-town feel of Tucson, even though it is the second-largest city in Arizona. The city’s rich cultural heritage includes a mix of Spanish, Mexican, and American influences, as well as those of the native peoples of the Tohono O’odham Nation. Experience the wide-open spaces, glorious sunsets and fresh air that make Tucson a perfect place to call home.
Diversity and Inclusion:
The Department of Medical Imaging celebrates our greatest asset of diversity and champions an inclusive climate.
We encourage you to mention this site when you submit your CV to Dr. Hina Arif-Tiwari (c/o Linda Montano) at: firstname.lastname@example.org
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer.