Medical Director - Mental Health/ID Unit
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States.
Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Kings County , located in the heart of Brooklyn, accommodate more than 518,076 outpatient visits, more than 141,328 emergency room visits, and with 627 beds, more than 25,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital maintains a strong academic affiliation with SUNY Downstate Medical Center in order to maintain its high standards of healthcare delivery.
Kings County is located in the East Flatbush/Prospect-Lefferts section of Brooklyn, close to the 2 and 5 subways. Our patients are diverse, with the majority being afro-Caribbean. Most of our patients are native English speakers. Knowledge of French/Haitian Creole is helpful, but not required.
We are looking for a Medical Director in the MH/ID/D Unit, the provider will:
- Provide direct psychiatric evaluation, assessment and treatment
- Ensure completion of appropriate mental hygiene legal papers
- Establish and oversee multidisciplinary treatment teams
- Collaborate in the running of community meetings, family meetings, and the maintenance of a therapeutic milieu
- Prepare transfer materials for State hospitals and other aftercare facilities
- Aid in preparation for regulatory agency surveys
- Ensures compliance with standards of regulatory agencies
- Assures adequate and appropriate ward coverage which includes: Providing continuous patient care and documentation when other staff psychiatrists are not otherwise available
- Participation in national START team medical directors study group
- Training allied professionals in dual diagnosis of patients with ID/D
- MD or D.O. from an accredited School of Medicine
- Licensed to practice medicine in the State of New York
- Completion of residency training from an accredited program in Psychiatry
- Board Certification/eligibility in Psychiatry
- Specific training/experience/understanding of working with patients with ASD and/or ID/D; including dual diagnosis and associated genetic syndromes
- Demonstrated understanding of developmental and cognitive profiles on the manifestation of emotional distress and psychiatric disorders
For more information regarding this opportunity, please email your CV to Jaquelyn Morales, Physician Recruiter for PAGNY, at email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Apply for Medical Director - Mental Health/ID Unit
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.