CLINICAL FACULTY: STROKE NEUROLOGIST - Banner University Medical Center - Phoenix
We have an outstanding employed opportunity for a Neurologist with fellowship training or significant experience in Stroke and Vascular Neurology, to join the growing team of physicians at Banner University Medical Center - Phoenix (BUMC-P). This world-class hospital is focused on coordinated clinical care, expanded research activities, and nurturing future generations of highly trained medical professionals who serve the surrounding communities in Arizona and the greater Southwest.
BUMC-P Stroke Program is a destination center for patients with complex strokes and receives referrals from allied Banner Health hospitals, one of the nation’s largest hospital systems, and from throughout Arizona and the Southwest. Ongoing work with regional, system, and state stroke organizations. Arizona’s first certified Comprehensive Stroke Center since 2016, with high volumes of complex stroke, including interventional and neurovascular surgery. Vibrant academic center with multiple training programs affiliated with the University of Arizona. Active neurology residency program, developing associated fellowship programs. Academic and research collaborations with major state universities and the University of Arizona College of Medicine, with academic appointment available.
- Join an experienced and highly skilled stroke team including 4 stroke neurologists, dedicated stroke program nurse practitioner, and 2 stroke program coordinators
- Pure Stroke and Vascular Neurology (In-Patient/Out-Patient) consultant practice
- Sound collaborative relationships with allied professionals including interventional and neuro-interventional radiology, neurosurgery, vascular surgery, cardiology, critical care, and radiology
- Active involvement in training programs for residents
- Varied practice opportunities with multiple components and roles
- Opportunities to pursue research
- Full continuum of care from community education and prevention, EMS engagement, acute management and inpatient care with neurosciences ICU, CARF certified stroke inpatient rehabilitation, and outpatient stroke clinic
BUMC-P is a nationally-known teaching hospital with more than 700 beds, a Level 1 Trauma facility, and one of the largest and most comprehensive facilities in Arizona. BUMC-P provides a full complement of subspecialties including cardiac care, transplant services, oncology, high-risk obstetrics, CARF certified stroke, head injury and general inpatient rehabilitation, epilepsy center, Alzheimer’s Institute, 21 outpatient clinics on campus in primary and specialty care.
Our Banner Health Total Compensation package includes:
- Attractive salary plus incentives
- Sign-on/relocation assistance
- Paid malpractice
- CME days plus allowance
- Retirement package of 401(k) with matching and 457(b) deferred compensation
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness program
- Competitive benefit package options that provide security for you and your family
Interested applicants are encouraged to join our physician talent community where you can upload your CV and track application progress: https://practicewithus.bannerhealth.com. For questions, please call Joanna Wilkes, Sourcing Strategist, at: 602-747-4521. Visit our website at: www.bannerdocs.com
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer.