IU Health Fort Wayne - General Orthopaedic Surgeon (Outpatient Clinic)
With 16 hospitals and 35,000 employees throughout Indiana, IU Health is the state's largest healthcare system. IU Health's continued excellence has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report for the past 23 years. IU Health continues to be ranked among the nation's best and is the #1 healthcare system in Indiana per US News & Report.
IU Health Fort Wayne currently employs 20+ primary care physicians and other providers at our urgent cares in Fort Wayne. As part of our strategic development in northeast Indiana, we will open a new multi-specialty ambulatory surgery center in Fort Wayne in 2021. Due to growth, we are recruiting qualified orthopaedic surgeons to collaborate with our highly skilled providers and clinical teams.
- General Orthopaedic Surgeon
- 100% Outpatient
- 4 (10 hour shifts). No weekend responsibilities.
- Very limited outpatient call
- Approximately 80 patients per week
- Estimated 8-12 procedures performed per week
- Procedures include general, arthroscopies, soft tissue repairs, sports injuries
- Rapidly growing practice with great base of primary care physicians for referrals
- Join 1 Orthopaedic Surgeon and collaborate with other physicians in the region
- New graduates and experienced physicians are encouraged to apply
- MD or DO
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery (ABOS) board certified or board eligible
- Ability to obtain an active medical license in the state of Indiana
- Desire to be part of a growing Orthopaedic team
- Comprehensive benefits package includes group insurance (health, dental, life, disability), 401k with company match, PTO, relocation assistance and occurrence-based malpractice insurance coverage
- Strong compensation package personalized for each physician. Package may include: guaranteed salary, production incentives, CME allowance, sign-on bonus, monthly residency stipend, or loan forgiveness.
See how you can thrive, right here at Indiana University Health
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
- Fort Wayne is Indiana's 2nd largest city and boasts one of the lowest cost of living areas in the nation (ranked as second on U.S. News and World Report's 2020-2021 list of Best Affordable Places to live in the U.S.)
- Named to Money Magazine's 2019 list of the 100 Best Places to live in America
- The city is home to 82+ miles of beautiful trails circling a vibrant, eclectic downtown area surrounded by 3 rivers
- From Broadway theatre shows, one of the nation's top zoos, to beautiful museums and riverfront boat tours - the city has something to satisfy a wide array of interests
- Farm-to-fork dining, lively nightlife, live music, and celebrated minor league sports teams (baseball, basketball and hockey)
- Host of diverse festivals and a strong regional arts and crafts heritage (with a new mural trail)
- Active lifestyle includes kayaking, canoeing and paddle boarding at over 200 area lakes, PGA golf courses, bike trails, state parks, camping and a quarter-mile tobbagan run
- Conveniently located to major metro areas of Chicago, Detroit and Indianapolis, in addition, a short drive to access the beautiful beaches of Lake Michigan and wine country
- Top-tier school systems - both private and public options
- Voted #1 city to raise a family in the US by Smartasset.com
- Learn more about Fort Wayne and Northeast Indiana by watching this video
Healthcare System/Hospital Description
Indiana University Health is Indiana's most comprehensive healthcare system. IU Health's unique partnership with the nation's second largest medical school, Indiana University School of Medicine, offers innovative treatments and therapies and remains a global leader in medical education and research.
Comprised of hospitals, physicians and allied services dedicated to providing preeminent care throughout Indiana and beyond, IU Health is honored to be recognized in such high distinctions.
- Indiana's only healthcare system to be nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report 23 years in a row, including 3 adult specialties in the top 50, 5 specialties rated as high performing, and six procedures rated as high performing
- Indiana University Health's Academic Health Center in Indianapolis is U.S. News & World Report's top-ranked hospital in Indiana
- Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health nationally ranked in 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties by U.S.News & World Report.
- Indiana University Health is one of the largest employers in Indiana
A private, nonprofit organization, Indiana University Health owns, or is affiliated with, more than 200 hospitals and health centers throughout Indiana. More than half of the physicians affiliated with the IU School of Medicine practice, supervise, and teach residents and fellows at one of Indiana University Health's hospitals.
With a continued commitment and a bold approach to diversity and inclusion, we are the place where many voices and perspectives come together to improve the health of our communities today and in the future.
No organization in Indiana is ranked higher or offers more highly ranked physicians than Indiana University Health. With exceptional care, unmatched expertise and continued excellence, our patients and families know that they're making an excellent choice in selecting Indiana University Health as their premier healthcare system of choice.
Indiana University Health, Indiana University Health Physicians and Indiana University School of Medicine are EOE/AA Employers, M/F/D.
Apply for IU Health Fort Wayne - General Orthopaedic Surgeon (Outpatient Clinic)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.