Medical Director, Primary Stroke Center, St George Regional
This Medical Director will provide physician leadership to St George Regional Hospital's Primary Stroke Center. At approximately 2 hours per week, this opportunity is an ideal additional assignment for a physician already credentialed and privileged at St George Regional Hospital.
The Medical Director shall provide such medical direction in conformance with facility policies and procedures established from time to time by the facility, applicable standards of the Joint Commission (JC), the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA), EMTALA, Medical Staff and Department Bylaws/Rules and any other federal, state, or local laws and regulations. The Medical Director shall provide medical and clinical direction and oversight for Department, emphasizing quality assurance and approval of standards and polices for these services This position reports to the Associate Medical Director for Hospital-Based Neurosciences.
Essential Job Duties:
- Conformance with Policies . The Medical Director shall provide such medical direction in conformance with facility policies and procedures established from time to time by the facility, applicable standards of the Joint Commission (JC), the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA), EMTALA, Medical Staff and Department Bylaws/Rules and any other federal, state, or local laws and regulations.
- Medical Staff Competency/Accountability . The Medical Director will participate in and support physician recruitment activities, scheduling, credentialing, new physician orientation and physician performance improvement. The Medical Director will specifically (a) recommend criteria for clinical privileges in the department, (b) recommended qualified and competent individuals for appointment to membership within the department and (c) monitor the performance of all individuals who have delineated clinical privileges in the department and report thereon to appropriate committees, including the appointment of ad hoc committees or working groups as necessary to carry out quality improvement activities. Support and implement decisions made by the Medical Executive Committee and the Board of Trustees.
- Clinical Quality and Service Improvement . The Medical Director will monitor and evaluate the quality and appropriateness of patient care provided by the service and by the Department. Actively participate in Department quality improvement projects, reportable events, root cause analyses and will collaborate with Hospital and Medical Group leadership to ensure patients and customers receive extraordinary service.
- Strategic Planning . The Medical Director shall assist in the development and ongoing assessment of the strategic plan for the Department services at Hospital.
- Risk Management . The Medical Director will act as a liaison to the risk management department. Direct responses on physician complaints, and report results to the Chief Medical Officer, Operations Officer, and the Neuro Musculoskeletal Director.
- Training . The Medical Director shall assist in the training of personnel where appropriate including in-service education and training within the scope of the Medical Director's practice.
- Development of Policies . The Medical Director shall assist in the development of written policies relating to Department. The Medical Director shall assist in securing compliance to these policies by all facility personnel, including developing and implementing appropriate feedback mechanisms.
- Community and Medical Staff Relations . The Medical Director will work with Hospital administration Co foster positive community relations and provides outreach education to the community and other professional staff as needed.
- Cooperation . The Medical Director shall coordinate efforts with Medical Group Medical Director, Hospital's Operations Officer, Stroke Program Manager, and the Neuro Musculoskeletal Director.
- Program Effectiveness . The Medical Director will identify and address barriers to care in the program (i.e, compliance to policies, physician participation) to ensure a successful integrated approach to care of the stroke patient and neurological patient.
- Equipment/Supplies . The Medical Director shall, from time to time, determine the need for necessary equipment and supplies and direct the submission of requisitions to administration. Such requisitions shall be processed in accordance with established facility budgeting and purchasing procedures.
- Meetings . The Medical Director will chair the Hospital Stroke Committee meeting. The Director shall meet regularly and work closely with the Stroke Program Manager. In addition, the Medical Director shall attend, but not limited to, the Neuroscience Clinical Program Stroke Development Team meetings, facility quality assurance meetings and administrative meetings,
- Medical Doctor or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine Degree. Education must be obtained through an ACGME or AOA accredited institution. Degree will be verified.
- ABMS or equivalent AOA Board Certification
- Active Utah or Idaho Medical Licensure, or in process of obtaining licensure.
- Two years of experience leading successful improvements in clinical settings.
- Experience with change management with the ability to provide leadership in the adaptation and implementation of new processes or technology that enhance safety.
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Interact with others requiring employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information.
- Operate computers, telephones, office equipment, and manipulate paper requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
St George Regional Hospital
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Apply for Medical Director, Primary Stroke Center, St George Regional
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.