SUPERVISOR-SR PHYSICIST RAD - SUM
- Acceptance/Commissioning of radiation therapy machines/software/equipment
- Continuous quality assurance and dosimetry calibration of various equipment, external beam radiation, brachytherapy, CT simulator and Treatment Planning System.
- External beam treatment planning (3D, IMRT, VMAT, SBRT and SRS) using Varian treatment planning system.
- HDR Brachytherapy planning and treatment.
- Physics support for SBRT, SRS, HDR and 4DCT.
- Performs and evaluates patient related dosimetric measurements
- Implementation of state and federal regulations.
- Active participation in quality assurance programs
- Accessibility to RTT and dosimetry staff for set up and delivery advice
- Close interaction with SMG and IT staff
- Close interaction with Varian for Truebeam maintenance and troubleshooting
- Assistance to other health care professionals in optimizing the balance between the beneficial and deleterious effects of radiation;
- Compliance with applicable federal and state regulations
- Active participation in software and/or hardware consideration and/or purchase
- Develop and/or improve electronic and/or paper charting of all special procedures
- Participate actively in the periodic recurring departmental accreditation process with national oversight body (APEX, ACR or ACRO)
- Frequent collaboration with all clinical staff in SMG Department of Radiation Oncology
- Protection of the patient and others from potentially harmful or excessive radiation;
- Measurement and characterization of radiation;
- Participate in the establishment of protocols to ensure safe, timely and accurate patient treatment planning and delivery
- Conduct radiation safety education courses as required for all departmental staff
- Performance of radiation exposure monitoring program within the department
- Active participation in department's clinical quality assurance endeavors
Physical Job Requirements.
- Pushing and pulling, taking frequency and weight into consideration.
- Physical strength to lift heavy objects, carts, or items, taking frequency and weight into consideration.
- Physical mobility, which includes movement from place to place on the job, taking distance and speed into account.
- Physical agility, which includes ability to maneuver body while in place.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers.
- Balance is maintained during climbing, bending and/or reaching
- Endurance (e.g. continuous typing, prolonged standing/bending, walking).
Education, Certification, Computer and Training Requirements
- Certification in the specific subfield(s) of medical physics with its associated medical health physics aspects by an appropriate national certifying body and abides by the certifying body's requirements for continuing education.
- Ph.D/MS in physics, medical physics, radiological physics, medical health physics, or equivalent disciplines from an accredited college or university
- One year of clinical experience in a Radiation Oncology department
- Proficiency in following modalities:
- External beam planning, including 2D, 3D, IMRT, gating
- Specialized EBRT to include SBRT and/or SRS
- High dose rate brachytherapy
- Radionuclide handling and/or therapy
- BC/BE with certification by either:
- The American Board of Radiology; or
- The American Board of Medical Physics
- Ability to commute to satellite offices as needed
- A friendly and fast-paced environment working with passionate people
- Outstanding growth opportunities
- Time Off
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability, HSA, and Life Insurance
- 401K plan with company matching contribution
- Cash Bonus Programs
- Recognition and rewards programs to recognize successful teams
- Other Perks & Discounts
- Commuter and parking discount program to help you save (using pretax dollars)
*Full Time Benefit Eligible Employees Only
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our Company provides equal employment opportunities ( EEO ) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, race, color, religion, creed, gender/sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression (including transgender status), national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Our Company cares about the safety of our employees and applicants. Our Company does not use chat rooms for job searches or communications. Our Company will never request personal information via informal chat platforms or unsecure email. Our Company will never ask for money or an exchange of money, banking or other personal information prior to the in-person interview. Be aware of potential scams while job seeking. Interviews are conducted at select Our Company locations during regular business hours only. For information on job scams, visit, https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/JobScams or file a complaint at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/ .
Apply for SUPERVISOR-SR PHYSICIST RAD - SUM
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.